your dumb idiot boy

this was a request from youraveragescorpio! i had a lot of fun writing this one :) hope you enjoy! <3

as you sat on your living room couch and watched television, you absentmindedly scrolled through your various social media apps on your phone before coming up with a bright idea.

i've got nothing to do today, how about i ask schlatt to hang out?

you smiled to yourself at the thought of the brunette. schlatt was your best friend, your partner in crime. you had been friends since schlatt moved to your school your freshman year and have been super close ever since. when one of your names was mentioned, more than likely, the other would be too.

although you and schlatt were super close and trusted each other deeply, there was one thing that you would never tell him about: your crush on him. ever since the first day of freshman year, you had been head over heels for the boy, but never felt confident enough to let him know of your feelings. you didn't want to ruin the best part of your life, so you stayed silent.

after snapping out of your thoughts, you quickly texted schlatt.

hey dumb idiot brain, wanna hang out today?

before you could even process that the text had sent, schlatt had already sent a reply.

hell yeah!!! your place or mine?

you smiled at his quick response time and enthusiasm.

how about yours? i want to play mario kart lol

schlatt took a little bit longer to respond this time, but when he did, your heart began to bit just a little bit faster.

i'll beat you but i'll let you dream ;) just come over whenever, i'm not doing anything

you chuckled at his response.

i'll be over in 20

schlatt had actually just had the idea to hang out with you at the same time as you did, so when you texted him first, his heart soared. he would never tell, but you stole his heart the first time he saw you at school. ever since then, he had just been falling more and more for everything about you, but like you, was too scared to ruin the best part of his life.

you quickly went to your closet to grab some clothes to change into. you decided on a t-shirt and some comfy shorts. as you were closing your closet door, you saw schlatt's smokie bear hoodie that he had left the last time he stayed the night at your apartment and grabbed it.

after a few minutes of driving, you reached schlatt's apartment and parked in your usual spot. you quickly went up to the door and knocked excitedly.

schlatt opened the door a few seconds later and yelled, HI YOU DUMB BITCH!" at what seemed to be the top of his lungs. you laughed as he hugged you tightly. you couldn't help but blush a little bit when you felt his warmth. you closed the front door behind you. "what are you thinking for dinner? i'll order it in a little bit," schlatt asked as you both walked to the living room.

"uhhhhhh... chinese? i feel like we haven't had that in a really long time," you said. schlatt nodded.

"are you getting the usual?" he asked.

"you know it," you said, slightly blushing at the fact that he still knew your order by heart. schlatt smiled and grabbed your hand.

"let's go get comfy on the couch. i don't know about you but i think we both need a good ol' fashioned chill-out best friend cuddle," he said as he sat down on the couch and you laid his hoodie on the arm of the couch and pointed to it.