comfortable

this one is a little bit shorter than my normal ones but i enjoyed writing it and i hope you enjoy reading it! <3

the bright sunlight of the late morning shone directly upon your face as you were rudely woken up. you groaned loudly and put your pillow over your head only to be met with a quiet laugh coming from the doorway. you quickly turned around and saw that your boyfriend was standing in the doorway with two mugs in his hands, smiling at you.

"good morning, sunshine," schlatt joked as he waltzed over to your side of the bed and gently handed you a mug. "i woke up early so i figured i'd be nice and make us some tea," schlatt explained as he walked over to his side of the bed, sat his mug down on the nightstand beside of him, and climbed back in bed. you smiled lovingly at him.

"do you have anything to do today?" you asked as you took a sip and sat your mug down on the nightstand on your side.

"nope. how 'bout you?"

you smiled. "nope."

"are you hinting at what i think you're hinting at?" schlatt said with a smirk.

"lazy day in bed?" you asked, trying to put on your best version of puppy dog eyes just in case he wasn't fully decided yet. schlatt chuckled.

"yep, that's exactly what i was thinking," schlatt said as he scooted closer to you and wrapped his long arms around you. an immediate sense of happiness filled every bit of you as schlatt's body heat instantly warmed you up. you laid your head against his chest and felt his soft heartbeat. you were instantly calmed.

schlatt saw this and decided to get extra cuddly. he slowly began to entangle his legs with yours, bring you even closer to him, and rest his chin on the top of your head. at first you tensed up at the feeling of movement, but after schlatt was comfortable, you melted into his arms once again.

"you're so cute, i just want you to know that," schlatt looked down to the sleepy figure laying on his chest with a sweet smile.

"you're cute too, you know," you smiled back at him. a light pink tint rushed to your and schlatt's cheeks as you both laughed

"we've been together for this long and yet we still get each other flustered when we call each other cute," schlatt chuckled. "if that doesn't tell you much we are meant to be together, i don't know what does." he looked down at you again, shaking his head as he spoke passionately about your relationship.

"amen to that," you smiled brightly before raising up to give your boyfriend a quick kiss before laying your head back down on his chest. you could feel his heartbeat quicken when you kissed him and smiled to yourself.

hours passed by, yet you two were in the same position. you went from enjoying the silence to telling each other bad dad jokes to watching random youtube videos and finally to watching tiktoks on your phone. your heart swelled every time schlatt would laugh at a dumb video that had popped up on your for you page.

schlatt's fingers were now sore from the many hours they had spent playing with your hair, but he didn't stop. it was therapeutic to you both. suddenly, schlatt let out a yelp and quickly drew his hand back from the top of your head.

you immediately raised up and looked at him with a face laced with confusion and worry. he immediately looked at you with an apologetic smile.

"my hand cramped up," he said as he winced. you looked at him lovingly.

"how about i go make some pasta while your hand rests up?" you asked, waiting for schlatt to answer.

you were immediately met with the response of the brunette in front of you nodding his head vigorously while saying "uh huh." you laughed as you got up out of bed and strolled to the kitchen to put a pot of water on to boil.

you decided to make some rigatoni with some homemade pasta sauce as you were trying to be a little bit fancy that night. as you were making the sauce, you felt a warm presence walk up behind you and hands slowly slide their way around your waist. you looked slightly back to see schlatt's outline hovering over you as you smiled. he hummed as he placed his chin in the crook of your neck and let out a small sigh.

"need any help, princess?" schlatt asked.

"nah, i'm good, thanks," you started before actually thinking. "actually, could you get the box of garlic bread out of the freezer and get some pieces on a pan? i would greatly appreciate it," you smiled as you felt the warmth leave your back.

"at your service, my dear y/n," schlatt rang out in a posh voice from the freezer.

after the pasta and bread was done, you both dug in like you hadn't eaten in days.

"y/n, this is SOOOOOOO good!" a full-mouthed schlatt said as he gave you a dopey smile.

"don't talk with your mouth full, but thank you," you smiled before schlatt grumbled.

after dinner, you both took showers and got back in bed, laying in the same position you had been in hours before.

"i don't think i say this enough, but i really do appreciate everything you do, y/n. i know i seem grumpy or unnoticing at times but i know how much you do for me and everyone else around you. i love you so much and i don't know if i could ever describe the feeling i get when we have moments like this," schlatt randomly said as he shifted around so he could look you in the eyes. your heart melted as he talked about how much he appreciated you.

"oh, j. i appreciate you so much as well. you do so much for not just me but a whole lot of other people. i love you a lot and i get that indescribable feeling too," you responded, hugging your boyfriend even tighter than you already were and entangled your legs with his. schlatt hummed in response and dug his head even deeper into the crook of your neck.

after a little bit of staying in that position, you began to head soft snores. you slowly raised schlatt up just enough to wear you could see his sleeping face. you smiled and placed him back in his original position and settled in. you knew you weren't moving anytime soon.

wc: 1119