Chapter 18

✖ Chapter 18 

        SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS WERE for the most part, fairly simple. Rose and I took the spare room in Jane's house while the others piled in at Fay's. Who, by the way, was nicer than expected. She hadn't even asked a single question when we met her, only offered that we let her know if we ever needed anything.

        Raven was more excited than she should've been about two witches being housed in her house. Granted, she had no idea, but we were still strangers for one thing. Clark had taken a liking to Rose, and she's been playing hide-and-seek for almost three hours now. I was blown away at how good she was with children.

        Currently, I'm checking out this computer Raven told me about. She had gone off to play with a friend, leaving me clueless with where to begin. If this would even work. Who's to say Googling the supposed eldest witch in history would even come up? 

        My luck, I'd pull up a load of mugshots that would then alert some hit men who would be on my tail in days. Some people may laugh at the "exaggeration," but I've had my fair share of implausible things occur. Frankly, I could see that being one of them.

        So, I merely type in LEAH STYLES.

        Yep, called at least one mugshot.

        But as I continued to scroll, more mythology beliefs popped up. Of course witches are known around some parts of the world today, however most are still blinded by the immense power around them. Some have no idea of our existence, some are curious, and others are left in the dark. I'm still not sure how that is. Maybe because most deny the possibility of magic.

        I clicked on one written by a lady supposedly a historic genius. Though she called the article "Myth of the Eldest Witch", it still looked decently promising. Albeit I was feeling quite foolish for doing something as modern as using the internet to look up a person that may or may not even exist - a person with magical powers, no less.

        Shaking my head, I read.

                                                The beginning of witches circulates around 40,000

                                                years back, though the Middle Ages is infamous for

                                                witch craft trials. But who was the first witch? The one

                                                who started it all? There's a couple of theories, most

                                               being practically irrelevant and others seemingly

                                                very accurate.

                                                During the Salem Witch Trials in 1692, havoc reeked

                                                in Massachusetts. Panic was common around every 

                                                corner of a magical being lurking near. But what about

                                                the women who suffered through those trials? The