Chapter 14

NOTE: This chapter is going to have a lot of things in it. Information and such. If at any point you get confused, don't be rude - just ask. In a comment or a PM and I'll answer as soon as I see it. Happy reading! (: xx

✖ Chapter 14 

        SILENCE FILLED THE already stuffy room after Cecilia revealed what she had been up to. It faltered my thoughts for the briefest moment, uncertain of why she hadn't placed the necklace's long line of generation's power into herself rather than Rose. It would have kept her younger, stronger... unstoppable.

        Rose seemed just as confused as me, her eyes widened with her eyebrows pulled together. It didn't take a genius to realize that she had no idea what Cecilia had done to her, whether it was beneficial or crucial. It was all mind-boggling.

        Cecilia raised a brow. "Harry, do you know the true purpose of the necklace?"

        I narrowed my eyes, the chains still refraining my power. "My mother told me that each witch who had it before her placed their power inside of it before they died. So it wouldn't go to waste, or something." I swallowed the lump that involuntarily swelled in my throat. "My mother had done the same."

        She nodded, approvingly, yet held up a finger. "But the catch is that not just any witch can obtain the power. A pure heart will be able to store the elegance of such intense magic. And yet, there are no pure hearts in a world of deception."

        Rose spoke. "Then how did it get inside of me? What did you do?"

        The elder woman smiled in a twisted way, as if this puzzling game she played was her only act of being pleased. "I doubt you want to hear any of the science talk, now, would you? It took a very long time to connect the dots and determine the proper way to abstract the power. But we succeeded, haven't we, Hilary?"

        Still looking flustered and like she wanted to disperse through the floor, the frail lady nodded, pushing up her glasses. "It took fifteen years to decipher-"

        "They needn't not know the details," snapped Cecilia, glaring at the woman and I felt bad for her, honestly. "All they need to know is what's going to happen from here on out."

        I raised an eyebrow, annoyed with her persistence in making the scene dramatic. "Could you begin speaking before I fall asleep?"

        She shot a glare my way in response, but opened her mouth nonetheless. "To enforce my control on Miss Rosalie, there is an obstacle spell binding her magic unless I say otherwise. It keeps her in-line and also from getting any idea or having pathetic little tantrums. But when that magic continues to go unused...," she trailed off, looking to me to finish.

        The two pieces clicked as I mumbled, "It gets stronger."

        "Precisely." Cecilia grinned. "It's unfortunate I had to waste a bit of it a few days ago to keep your little posse from escaping the institution's premises. But we've moved on from that and even resting those few days has drastically increased the potential of Rosalie's abilities.

        "Now, Harry, I know you use your magic more frequently than most. Mainly to keep your pitiful heart beating. But there's something your mother and father never intended to tell you. Something that may shock and anger you," she said - smirking now, and I await for her to continue. "Not only are neither of those people your true parents, but the most powerful witch ever known to mankind, who has even cast an immortality spell on herself, is."