Chapter 1

A few notes before you start:

-the trailer is on the side! it's super awesome, so you should totes watch it x

-majority of this book will be in Harry's point of view. if otherwise, the chapter will be in third person

-enjoy!!

Chapter 1 

        "HAS HE WOKEN up yet?"

        "Unless he has a miraculous talent of being awake with his eyes closed, no. Besides, he hasn't told me to stop singing yet, so he's clearly asleep."

        "Is he at least breathing?"

        A groan. "Would you relax? This is Harry Styles we're talking about. He may get into near-death experiences, but he doesn't die."

        "Pardon me for worrying about my son."

        The chattering went back and forth, but my head was pounding with such intensity that I couldn't hear them anymore. There was an immense pain in my side, one that felt like an axe was digging into my skin, attempting to cut through the bones that were in it's path. It repeated itself over and over and over.

        Clenching my teeth together to keep back the cry of agony I felt, I squirmed until I was half sitting up and half leaning back on my palms. The softer voice had announced my awakening, but I couldn't quite bear to open my eyes yet. They felt glued shut, making it difficult even when I tried.

        Biting the inside of my cheek as if it would subdue the pain, I brought a hand up to my eyes and rubbed the sleep out of them, flicking them open and blinking a few times. It felt as if I hadn't opened them in ages, when really... wait, how long had it been?

        My vision is blurry for a moment before Daniel came into focus, locked behind bars across the hall from me. I frowned, scratching my neck and popping it before looking down at my side. I could feel his eyes still on me, and I think he was speaking, but I needed to figure out what was causing me so much discomfort.

        Tugging a plain white shirt up that I didn't remember putting on, there's stitches trailing from the end of my rib cage to the middle of my abdomen. Who had sewed up the wound? Why had they done it?

        Realization kicked in, and it kicked in quick.

        I was in prison again, most likely under the Council's rule. I was shot in the side in the midst of the battle. I had jumped in front of Rose and-

        Rose.

        Eyes widening, I stood quickly even though it ached terribly to do so. "Rose," I muttered under my breath and even then my voice was off. Huskier, somehow, like I hadn't spoken in years. 

        "Hey, buddy." Daniel managed a half smile. "How are you feeling?"

        Biting my lip, I ignored him as I walked up to the bars, attempting to look at all the cells that surrounded us, and yet, there was no Rose.

        "Where is she?" I asked, clearing my throat due to how dry it felt. 

        A voice spoke. "Harry? Is he awake?"

        Daniel rolled his eyes. "I already said that, didn't I? You think I lied to shut you up?"

        "It's believable."

        "It's also half truth."

        My jaw tightened; it was sore. "Where is she?" I asked again, panic welling inside me. "What did they do to her? What happened?"