Chapter 8

(to clear previous confusion, the last chapter was in present time. Harry is not the "man" Cecilia was talking about. sorry for any confusion that caused. enjoy x) 

✖ Chapter 8 

        THE DAYS PASSED painfully slow after Cecilia's last visit. It became clear quickly that there's not much to do when you're locked inside a soundproof cell majority of your days. Arts and crafts was Daniel's favorite activity, which was no shocker, and I enjoyed it frankly because I had an option not to do anything - which of course I did, in fact, do nothing.

        It'd be a lie if I said I didn't feel exhausted more than usual. It was difficult to sleep on a hard cot, so during arts and crafts, I would simply lay on the floor in the corner and doze off. The instructor's name was Isabella. She was way too perky for her own good, but a decently nice person. Not to mention she let me sleep instead of doing childish things like decorative scissors. 

        Marcus hadn't spoken to anyone in days. It was odd, but he even stopped sitting at our table. Sometimes he didn't even show up for lunch. Not that I minded too much, but it was eerie to me. To be with us one day and avoided the next. 

        We were currently at lunch and I was laying on the bench, taking up the entire thing but I didn't care. Not like I enjoyed talking to these people aside from Daniel, and he was buddy-buddy with Aiden and Megan.

        Someone poked my shoulder before a gruff voice said, "Can't lay down in here, boy. I suggest you sit up."

        "I suggest you remember I don't have those fancy shackles on," I snapped, glaring up at him before laying my head back down. "Have a nice day."

        The guard huffed before walking away.

        Megan laughed. "That's exactly why we need you to be our leader, Harry."

        I rolled my eyes. Her, Daniel, and Aiden (he mainly went along with anything Megan did, still didn't talk much), had this "mastermind club" about routing an escape plan. Of course she still had her hopes high for me to pull through and save the day. The possibility of that was near zero, but she did have Daniel on her side, so I couldn't bash it completely. 

        "Look," I said with a grunt, sitting up to face them. "I'm not the 'leader' type. And we've been in here for two weeks already and none of you have thought of anything. Just give up." I shrugged. "It's easier."

        Daniel gave me a look. "You only gave up because Cecilia has Rose made into some kind of weapon."

        I shook my head, rubbing my temples. "I don't care anymore. Just let me die in an asylum full of maniac people."

        Megan and Daniel shared a look before Megan sighed. "Love clearly isn't your thing, but you really gave up too easily."

        "You try being slung into a cement wall by your girlfriend."

        "Sorry, I'm not a lesbian."

    I groaned, dropping my head to the table. "All right, then. Humor me. Daniel, what's your brilliant plan of escape?"

        He shushed me. "You wanna say that a little louder next time? Sheesh."

        "Oh, sorry," I said sarcastically. "I'll make a mental note."

        Daniel sighed. "Harry, please. You can't keep moping over this. I told you we were going to get out, find Rose, and everything will be back to normal."