His Butler & Maid, Attesting & Surmising

Aurora stared for a few moments before she sighed, "This is ridiculous." She turned to glare at Sebastian and Ciel, "If this is another one of your pranks it isn't funny!" Sebastian was staring at her in shock. Ciel looked equally shocked. "I cannot believe you two," Aurora said, "This has to be a joke. I don't know how you pulled it off, but I will say you've outdone yourselves." The others watched her confused. She made towards the stairs only for Sebastian to grab her roughly around the waist and yank her back. "Hey!" Aurora yelped.

 "This is no prank, I assure you." The Ciel on the staircase said with a glimmer of amusement in his eyes. Aurora was being held tightly by Sebastian who was watching this other Ciel very carefully.  The other Ciel chuckled, "Really now! You can't go getting drenched when it's this cold out, why- you'll never stop coughing!" Aurora noticed her mate's wide eyes and Ciel shaking. Sweat was running down Sebastian's face, and Ciel himself looked terrified. "But there's no need to worry anymore, I'll never leave your side again." The other Ciel smiled warmly at Ciel. "I've come home." 

Ciel was shaking where he stood, eyes wide with horror. "This- this cannot be real..." Aurora looked from one Ciel to the other, "I- I don't understand!" She exclaimed, "How can there be two Ciels?!" She stepped forward to take a good look at the other Ciel. Something was not right about him, but she couldn't put her finger on it. The other Ciel smirked, "It can't be real? But it is real. I'm real." Aurora narrowed her eyes, "You can't be my Ciel," she said quietly, "there's something about you... it isn't right." Her silver blue eyes flashed, "Your an imposter." The imposter Ciel smiled, "Tch. An imposter? What an odd thing to say, for the head of the Phantomhive house, Ciel Phantomhive, is I." 

Aurora snapped, "Oh that's the biggest lie I've ever heard." She looked at Ciel, "If Ciel wasn't standing right here, I might believe you." She smirked, "But I can easily tell your a fraud. Isn't that right, Ciel, Sebastian?" She looked back at her mate and charge. Ciel was hyperventilating, and Sebastian was sweating bullets, desperately trying to maintain his composure. The other Ciel's attention was drawn to the demon butler. "Sebastian?" He muttered, "I see. So you're Sebastian. This is the first time we've actually met." He yelled then, "How dare you do that to me that day!" Aurora was suddenly behind Sebastian as he stepped forward, a barrier between her and the fake Ciel. "I have never encountered someone like yourself." Aurora dashed forward and grabbed him by the arm, "Sebastian! Tell me this kid's lying! He has to be!" Finny was beside her in an instant, piping up in agreement. "Miss Aurora's right, Sebastian! I mean- the young master Ciel we all know is-" He was cut off by Ciel's soft voice, sounding like if spoken to loudly, the boy might shatter into a million pieces. "It's true... He is...indeed... Earl Ciel Phantomhive." The Phantomhive servants all stared and murmured in shock. 

"It can't be."

"Then who... is Smile?" 

A voice made them all turn to the upper stairwell. "Lord Ciel. There you are." The other Ciel smiled, "Gramp." Tanaka continued, "You were not in your room when I brought your tea." Bardroy looked shocked, "Old man Tanaka?! You knew?!"  Tanaka nodded slowly. Aurora thought for a moment, it all made so much sense. Ciel- her Ciel, used the fire to cover up the fact that he was a twin. But... why? Surely he would have inherited everything anyways? He would be the last remaining heir- so why take on his brother's name as a disguise? "The young master... is a twin??" Aurora murmured, thinking to herself. The other Ciel- the real Ciel smirked, "See? You've gone and confused the servants by playing at being me." He shook his head, "Deceiving everyone all this time, what a naughty boy." The real Ciel softened up a bit, "Why the outrageous lie, little brother? Tell me, I won't be angry with you." Aurora moved to stand behind her Ciel, putting her hands on his shoulders comfortingly as he forced himself to speak. "I- I- I- I-!" He took a deep breath, "I am Ciel Phantomhive, heir to Earl Phantomhive. I am... his spare." 

Aurora shook her head slowly and knelt down before him, "No. No, you are not a spare. Whoever told you that is a fool." The real Ciel burst into laughter, "There's no need for you to look like your about to cry!" He regained his composure then and smiled warmly, "I won't punish you for your lies, brother- I'll punish those who dare to call you a liar!" He chuckled, "In all honesty, I am quite impressed with all you've managed the past three years." Now real Ciel smiled, adding quietly in a sugary sweet voice that sickened Aurora. "Now you don't need to lie anymore, because I am home." Aurora looked at Sebastian, who was now glaring at the boy. She could practically see the cogs turning behind his crimson red eyes. Ciel spoke, "I- I am quite sure you lost your life that nigh-" He was cut off upon the entry of the Undertaker. At the sight of him, Aurora pulled Ciel harshly into her arms, her eyes narrowed as she watched the reaper. He held an anatomical model in his arms, and had his usual gleeful demeanor. "I assume you were the one who-" Undertaker cut him off, wagging his finger as though he were scolding a puppy. "Uh uh, before I answer any of your questions, I require my payment." 

Aurora stepped forward with a snarl, "Payment my ass! Your going to tell us what happened! Your going to tell us everything!" Everyone was surprised to see the angel curse, something she had always been against. Undertaker sighed, "Well, the boy band charade did amuse me to no end..." he perked up and began to explain, "I did save the Earl from the fire, and I was quite lucky to do so, the whole ordeal was quite messy, but one I gladly took on. After all, I could not bring him back had be been burnt to ash." Aurora growled, "There's more to it, there must be. What motive have you for doing such a thing?" Undertaker sighed, "I simply did not- no, could not, lose another Phantomhive, Aurora. You understand that, don't you? You would be the same if you and your beloved husband were separated by the binds of death." Aurora flinched at that. He made a great point there. She would be an absolute mess without Sebastian. 

It was now  her mate's turn to speak now, he moved to stand beside her, his shoulder brushing hers as he stepped up. "I had suspected some form of attachment to the Phantomhive family when we came across you're mourning jewelry on the Campania... However, I had not expected your attachment to be so deep." Aurora frowned and then cut in, "What is your relationship to the Phantomhive's exactly, Mister Undertaker?" The Undertaker smirked, "I'll leave that to your imagination, Petit angel." The real Ciel spoke up, "The matter doesn't concern you servants! You should speak only when spoken to! His eyes fell upon Aurora, "Especially you, maid." Aurora gritted her teeth, I hate this kid. Yet I find it utterly difficult to despise him since he shares the face of our Ciel. Sebastian glanced at her, but did not respond to her words down the bond. Ciel snapped then, "Raising the dead?! Are you mad?! That's madness!" Undertaker frowned, "Does it truly matter, little lord, if the person is alive or not as long as they are together?" He gestured to Ciel, "He has no stitches, he grows, thinks, and moves independently- just like a real person!"

Aurora cried out, "So those things we encountered on the Campania- those were just- byproducts of your little experiments?!" Undertaker nodded, "The ones you have seen up until now are only the first mobile ones. The experiments truly began when I rescued the earl." Ciel looked up at him and his brother confused, "Then- then where has he been all this time?" The real Ciel smiled, "I have always been by your side. When you went for information, the burning of Baron Kelvin's manor, on the Campania, even when you were at the College." Aurora felt sick as she realized something. She had been close to this creature. She had slept soundly in the same space as this thing. Sebastian, as though he could read her mind, moved a little closer to her and discreetly laced his pinky finger with hers, and gave it a gentle squeeze. Rest easy, she could hear his voice down the bond. Aurora thought for a moment, then she heard something. She quickly turned to Sebastian, panic written all over her face, "Sebas-" 

Crash.