His Butler & Maid, Memory

A/N: The tagged music is supposed to flow with not only this chapter, but the growing relationship between Sebastian and Aurora. A demon reluctant to acknowledge his feelings, but giving into them, and an angel waiting for her love to return her feelings to the full extent (as clearly at the time Sebastian could not completely commit to a relationship with her as he was bound to another, yet he still harboured a love for her). Note this scene takes place between seasons 1 and 2 of Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler.  

Staring into his mate's eyes in that sewer, Sebastian was taken back to that night. Aurora had gotten back her memory, Ciel's body lay dormant in the master bed chambers, and the servants doing their usual tasks, but for the most part recovering from their fight with the daemon hound. Sebastian remembered how they had sat in the drawing room for hours. He remembered holding her as she cried, telling him about her father's untimely death, and how she had been chased out of Heaven and had her wings severed. He remembered how terrified she had been. 

It had been a few hours, and they walked out of the drawing room, arm in arm. Sebastian had his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to him. Aurora had buried her face in his neck, her face stained with tears. Sebastian was rubbing her arm comfortingly as he guided her into the dining room where he sat her down at the table. He made to walk away from her, but she grabbed his arm tightly, almost painfully. He frowned and looked down at her, "Angelica? Angel, you have no need to worry." Aurora looked at him fearfully, "Malphas- Malphas please don't leave me! I- I'm scared." He stared into her pretty silver blue eyes. The eyes he had fallen for long ago, now looked at him helplessly. Silently pleading for him to never leave. He sighed. He couldn't leave her. Not for a moment. He could feel the emotion he had long suppressed coming to rise again. The emotions he had saved only for her. He knelt down beside her and held her hand. "Angelica Aurora Laverne, I promise you that I am only going to prepare dinner." Aurora shook her head, "I don't want to be alone! Please! Let me come with you!" 

He frowned. He could clearly see that she was frightened. He could never say no to his angel. He sighed and extended a hand, maintaining his butler aesthetic. "Then would my lady like to accompany me to the kitchen whilst I prepare her dinner?" At this, Aurora smiled and nodded, eagerly taking his hand. Sebastian lead her to the kitchen where she sat on the edge of a countertop, dangling her feet like a child whilst she watched him cook. While the demon stood at about six foot one, the angel was closer to five foot five (though compared to Sebastian she looked much shorter), and was incredibly short compared to him. She watched as he began to get out some pots and pans. "Tell me, Angelica," he began, "Have your tastes changed since last I met you?" His angel smiled, and shook her head. "Anything you prepare will be just fine, Malphas. Everything you make is it's own heaven." Sebastian chuffed and smirked, "Ironic." Aurora watched him cook with interest. "So Ciel is your newest contract?" She asked. Sebastian nodded, "Yes." Aurora hummed, "I can't imagine why a child would want to contract a demon. I didn't even think it possible. Yes there are some evil children, but Ciel doesn't come off like that at all! And his soul is pure! How can that be if he harbours such resentment?" Sebastian licked his lips, "He has been through a great deal, my dear. Much like you have. Yet, your soul still remains pure." Aurora folded her arms across her chest. "Because I'm an angel, Malphas. An Arch specifically." Sebastian hummed thoughtfully, "Correction. You are half arch. Your mother was demon, was she not?" Aurora shook her head, "Mother's a Fallen. A Fallen that fell for a demon. It was that that made her Fall." Sebastian smirked, "Then why haven't you Fallen? I thought you loved me?" Aurora blushed, "I do." She said, "But don't change the subject! How is his soul pure?" Sebastian shook his head, "The amount of trauma he has seen. He came out of it stronger rather than weaker. He lost everything and was willing to do anything at all to seek his revenge. His soul is like a fine wine." He smirked, "Much like how yours is, my angel." Aurora frowned, "I hope you don't plan on devouring my soul, Malphas." She said, "I hope that our years apart haven't changed you for the worst." Sebastian chuckled, seasoning the food in a pot. "Of course not, my dear. I wouldn't dream of devouring your soul. While it may be a delicacy, I will- as always, fight against my demonic instincts around you."