His Butler & Maid, Debating

Sebastian was agitated as he went to wake Ciel. The boy refused to leave his room, so Sebastian eventually slammed the door shut in annoyance and made his way down to breakfast. Stolas looked confused when he saw his annoyed older brother. "Malphas? Brother, what's wrong?" Sebastian snarled, "Put a sock in it, Stolas." Everyone at the table looked surprised and Vermilla smirked, "I'm surprised your in a bad mood, Lord Desideriis. I was sure that you and the lady got it on last night." Sebastian snapped, "Stolas! Control your mate! She's the reason mine won't even look at me!" Stolas looked surprised, turning to Vermilla, "Darling, whatever did you say to the Lady Desideriis?" Vermilla chuffed, "I simply suggested showing his Lordship a bit of skin to get him upstairs last evening. He was just as tipsy as you were, Stolas." Sebastian snarled, "You bitch! You know what happens when demons- no matter how powerful- succumb to a drunken haze! While other demons might be able to handle that, an angel cannot!" Vermilla looked insulted, "You- you cad! Stolas- he just insulted me!" Stolas stood, "Both of you knock it off!" The demon shifted a bit into his demon form and the Phantomhive staff looked both wowed and terrified. Sebastian snapped, his demonic aura radiating from him, "Because of her advice- Angelica won't even look at me!" Stolas barreled back, "Were you not clear enough about anything when you began courting her? The fault is on you brother! She was unprepared to become the mate of a demon! How do you expect her to be when you go on your next contract?! you can't take her with you! She's the Lady of Desideriis! She'll need to remain in Hell arranging everything! How can she do even that when she was born an angel? Even if she's Fallen- she's still an angel! This is why father wasn't happy about you becoming bound to her in the first place!" Sebastian snarled, "You take that back!" Stolas snapped, "What do you want me to say? That your relationship will get better? She's an angel, Malphas! You are a demon! It would never work. It never will. Grow up already. Get back with Lilli for all I care, find a proper demoness to be Lady Desideriis!" Sebastian snarled, "You know what? We're leaving! Today!" He snapped at the Phantomhive staff, "Pack up. We're leaving." He marched upstairs to Ciel's room, "Young mast-" He stopped finding the boy gone. He growled quietly to himself. Little brat, where could he have- he stopped hearing soft voices down the hall. He followed the sound to his and Angelica's room. He slipped quietly inside to see his mate on the bed with Ciel against her chest. The boy was drifting in and out of consciousness, and Aurora was humming quietly to the boy she considered her own. 

"Though the world may try to define you
It can't take the light that's inside you
So don't you dare try to hide
Let your fears fade away"

Sebastian watched from afar, listening to the sound of his angel's sweet and alluring voice. He closed his eyes briefly for a moment, recalling the many times she had sang to him when they were young and in love. In love. He was uncertain now. He loved, her dearly, but if she couldn't confide in him when she was troubled, how could she love him? He had tried, tried to humor her when she was in need of time to herself, but her degrading mental health was now worrying him. She flinched away from him, and now things were going downhill again. Their relationship would get better, then it would get worse all over again. Her humming ceased as Ciel fell into a dream world of sorts, and his breathing grew heavy as he curled close to her. Aurora was stroking his hair gently, almost as if he were a dog or a small child. She frowned and sighed, "You can come out, Sebastian. I know your there." Sebastian stepped out of the darkened shadows of the room, and into her line of sight. "Are you feeling any better?" He asked. Aurora shrugged, "How well can I be when my mate wants to leave me?" Sebastian's face fell into a deep frown. "Angelica. I don't- I didn't mean-" He sighed and walked over to sit beside her. "You need to talk to me." He said, "Clearly something is bothering you, and whatever it is concerns both of us. So please, my angel," he took her hands. "No more secrets. No more lies. No more deceit." Aurora was silent for a few moments before she finally spoke, her voice soft almost if she didn't want him to hear. "You loved someone else enough to become their mate once. Someone you loved just as much as me if not more so. It just worries me that one day... present or future, you'll want someone else." Sebastian sighed in relief, "Is that what this is about? Your concerned you'll end up like Lilli?" Aurora nodded slowly. He tilted her chin up, "Why ever would you worry about me abandoning you? I would never leave your side. You know that." Aurora's eyes filled with sadness. "On the Campania I saw your cinematic record." She hiccupped. "You told me you weren't angry about me being locked away. You told me you were hurt by it, but you moved on. You lied to me." Sebastian watched as more tears fell. "Your cinematic record said otherwise. And the cinematic record is always accurate. You hated me. You despised me... You didn't love me anymore. I'm afraid that one day you'll fall out of love with me. I'm afraid because I know that's the reason you and Lilli split. You fell out of love with her. What if that happens to us? To me? After I've already lost and given up everything to be with you." Sebastian stared at her in shock. His crimson eyes were wide and quickly narrowed, "Do you honestly think that you are anything like Lilli?" He cupped her face in his hand and wiped away her tears. "Lilli was a cruel and frankly very annoying demoness, Aurora. She could never turn into you or you her. Angelica, my beautiful, beautiful angel. I will love you until the day I finally die." He tilted her face up towards his, her beautiful silvery blue hues on his crimson red. "That, love of my long demon's life, is a promise." He kissed her. "For it is the mate aesthetic."

Mey-Rin and Bardroy were stocking up the cart while Finny got the horses. "Ugh, my bloody head," Bard moaned, "What was that stuff I was drinkin' last night, Mey-Rin?" The maid paused, "Um. I think Aurora called it Morning Star Brand wine, yes, she did." Bardoy flopped onto the cart seat. "I'm going to be sick." Mey-Rin frowned, "Aurora used some sort of divine magic on you. Said it wouldn't be as bad." Bardroy yelped, "What?!" The door to the chateau opened and Stolas stepped out side, "Forgive me, but I don't believe you'll be leaving today." The maid and chef tensed. Stolas chuckled, "Oh no, not like that. While you've both killed before, your souls' are not too desirable. Not like that of my brother's mate or his charge..." Stolas licked his lips hungrily, eyes flashing fuchsia. The door to the chateau opened and Sebastian walked out, a small frown on his face. "I believe we'll be staying another day or so," he sighed. Stolas looked over, "Oh?" Sebastian frowned, "Angelica is ill, she's caught a small chill, and I would not be surprised if Ciel's caught the same. He's been sleeping alongside her. It appears that he's grown quite attached to her." Stolas chuckled, "Good thing he's only a kid. Otherwise you'd be seething with jealousy." Sebastian narrowed his eyes, "You best shut your mouth, brother. I won't be responsible should something... untoward... happen to you." Stolas smirked, "Who would take my place?" Sebastian smirked, "Ilia possibly. But then again, she might just become a Duchess." Stolas squawked, "DUCHESS?! Ilia?! Vulpes Ilia Desideriis- a duchess?! You've got the brain of an imp if you think that girl could be duchess!" Sebastian, "My twin sister is more than capable of taking your stead as Lady Lord of Superbior." Stolas scoffed, "A demoness cannot be a Lord." Sebastian chuckled, "Oh, forgive me, Countess then? Countess Vulpes Ilia Superbior? I think the title has a nice ring to it, don't you?" Stolas hissed. "Who is she even courting with?!" Sebastian rolled his eyes, "You'll laugh." Stolas smirked, "Try me." Sebastian sighed, "Duke Vapula Naphula Gryphis. You recall the incorrigible young duke who attended one of my parties a couple hundred years ago? The one who shifted into his full demon form and puffed out his wings like he was a god?" Stolas choked on laughter, "No! That  Vapula?!" Sebastian nodded, "That Vapula." Bard cleared his throat, "Aurora's sick?" Sebastian nodded, turning to him and Mey-Rin. "She took a long bath last night and fell asleep in the tub. She slept for hours. I was worried she was a frozen corpse by the time I found her." Stolas chuckled, "She takes to the hot baths well then?" Sebastian nodded, "Quite well. Now, Angelica will be resting for the day-" There was the sound of a scoffing noise. "I should think not, Malphas. I'm perfectly fine." They all looked over to see the angel in a long night dress, arms folded across her chest. "I'm not sick, Malphas. You know that." Sebastian walked over, "You should be resting." Aurora rolled her eyes, "Because I sneezed once I'm on deaths door?" Sebastian nodded, "Your heart does stop when you sneeze- does it not?" Aurora sighed, "Darling, I'm not a human. It doesn't work like that for me." She looked a little concerned, "But for Ciel it does..." Sebastian's eyes widened. Aurora looked at him and pointed a finger at him scolding. "No cats near our son!" Sebastian sighed, "Of course, my angel. No cats. Regretfully." Stolas chuckled, "You could just turn him into a demon, Malphas. For a high ranking demon like you it would be easy." Sebastian whipped around, "Making someone immortal is not easy, Stolas. You know that." Stolas chuckled, "You are tight with King Lucifer. I mean- he was at your mating ceremony. That's a big deal. He looked over at Aurora, "Your mate could possibly turn him into an angel if she wanted to. She's part arch, isn't she?" Aurora frowned, "For a human to become an angel, that human must die and have a pure soul. Ciel may have a pure soul, but he's contracted to a demon. The gates of Heaven are closed to him forever. The only reason he's come and go while living is because he's had me to accompany him." She looked at Sebastian. "If anything..." Sebastian shook his head. "No. The answer is no, it is final. Ciel will not become a demon." Stolas shrugged, "Make your mate miserable, brother. She adores that kid. Don't worry, I'm sure after you devour his soul she'll be able to forgive you." Sebastian snarled and Aurora gently pushed him back, "Relax." Her voice was smooth as silk and calmed him immediately. Stolas chuckled turning around to venture into the chateau, "Anyhow, it doesn't matter to me what you lot do, if you want to stay here, then stay. If not, c'est la vie. Such is life." Sebastian glanced back at the Phantomhive staff. "I'll speak to the young master, see what-" Aurora cut him off. "He won't speak, Sebastian. I've tried." Sebastian frowned, "What? What do you mean he won't speak to you?" Aurora shook her head, "I heard him wake up crying and when I went to check on him he just sat there crying. So I took him to our room hoping he'd feel a little safer. But he still refused to speak. The only sound I've heard from him is crying." Sebastian sighed, "Then it's my call..." He thought for a moment. Aurora looked over, "You and I could sneak into London and check?" Sebastian shook his head, "No. I don't trust Stolas. And least of all I trust his mate. She's a psychopath." He sighed, "I see we've no choice. We'll have to take the trip into town." He looked over, "We leave tomorrow morning at dawn."