White Maid, Offering Part 1

Aurora rushed out of the kitchen, not allowing Sebastian or Lilli to say anything or give chase. She ran to her room and hid, waiting for the inevitable. It felt like hours before there was a knock at her door. "Miss Aurora," it was Sebastian. Aurora shuddered under her bed. The door opened and Aurora bit back a frightened whimper. She watched the butler's shoes walk across the floor and stop parallel to her. "Aurora, you don't need to hide. I'm not here to harm you, the master has asked you and I accompany him on his most recent case. He wishes us both to attend as to speed up the process." Aurora spoke softly, her voice quiet. "You swear you won't let that- that demoness do anything?" She whispered. Sebastian chuckled, "Lilli is quite harmless when you get to know her. Now, come out from under the bed and let us go see the young master."

Aurora and Sebastian sat in the carriage with Ciel as he filled them in on the newest case. "Ash Landers personally delivered a message from the queen," He began, "Her majesty wishes me to infiltrate a cult that has taken over some abandoned convents and has obtained the Book of Doomsday. With the book, which has the record of humanity's virtues and evil doings, they intend to revolt against the government." Ciel sat back, hands folded neatly in his lap, "Furthermore, the convent is heavily guarded and has had a recent order of coffins delivered."

 Aurora looked up, "So we will be going to see the Undertaker?" She asked. Ciel nodded, "Yes. He should be able to direct us from there." Sebastian smiled, "And you wish to get this case closed as soon as possible my lord?" Ciel scoffed, "Of course. And with Lizzy coming later I'd like to finish this as soon as possible." The rest of the carriage ride was quiet, and Aurora stared out the window, watching the scenery change. When they arrived at the Undertaker's, Aurora was slightly hesitant on taking Sebastian's hand as he helped her out of the carriage. "My lady?" The butler asked, head tilted to the side. Aurora clasped her hand in his, and missed the look of temporary bliss on his face as he helped her down. 

The two few steps they took to the Undertaker's parlor had them hand in hand, both lost in thought. They entered the shop and Ciel walked over, "Undertaker-" He was cut off as the Undertaker spun around only to reveal Grell in the Undertaker's clothing. Grell gave a happy laugh and shot towards Sebastian, "Oh Bassy!!!" The reaper cried. Aurora gasped carefully sidestepping while Sebastian quickly dodged the reaper. 

Aurora moved to stand behind Sebastian, feeling slightly safer with the demon butler guarding her as she stared wide eyed at the red grim reaper. Grell slammed face first into the wall, whining in pain as he flopped onto the floor. Ciel gaped, "What?! Grell?" 

A chuckle from the corner made him turn to see the Undertaker sitting in a cauldron of what looked to be ash. Aurora shuddered, was everyone here mad? Was that why her father hadn't let her come here when she was younger, a desperate teenager wanting adventure? She stood behind Sebastian, unconsciously gripping his arm. "Are we afraid, Aurora?" The butler chuckled softly. Aurora released him, "Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't realize I was squeezing your arm... Are you alright?" 

The demon smiled, "No need to worry about me, Aurora. I'm perfectly fine." Aurora nodded and shuffled uncomfortably. Ciel looked back at Grell after speaking with the Undertaker, "Tell me, what are you doing here?" Grell smiled and shrugged, "Will's having me do a bit of investigating." Ciel hummed, "Interesting, "Come with me Grell, I think I'd like your assistance on this case." The reaper giggled, "Oh goody."