chapter four

You were lying on your couch and reading after you had just got yelled by Tony. Your mother, Pepper, hadn't been that glad about your behavior in school either. But she didn't yell at you as much as Tony did. Gosh it was humiliating, specially when other avengers decided to show up in the middle of your argument.
Tony had sent you into your room and now you weren't allowed to left the tower, except for school. Two weeks of this and for what? You just defended yourself, but no one ever believes you.

Suddenly your door opened and Clint walked in.
"Hey sis, I heard about the fight. What the heck is going on inside your head?" he asked immediately, he stood in front of you, looking little disappointed, but also proud.
"She was going to attack on me first, I just defended myself." you grumbled. You were still pissed off.
"Of course you did... but they don't know that you are avenger and we need to keep it that way. Fury's orders, remember?" Clint tried to remind you about your deal with Nick Fury.

The deal says that you can't tell anyone that you are avenger and no one can't know that you have powers either. Fury wanted to keep you in secret as long as possible, because it could be useful for the team if they had someone who your enemies wouldn't know about. But you, Fury, Clint and the whole team knew that it will discover to the world in some point, someday. But until that, you need to keep a low-profile.

"Of course I remember! Did Tony send you here or why are you attacking at me on this too?!" you murmured. Clint looked at you amused and sat down next to you.
"No he didn't, I just... I want to keep you safe." he stuttered and rubbed his neck nervously.
"From what? School?" you chuckled and rolled your eyes.
"Well.... that too." he said and smiled at you.

'That too'? What did he meant by that? Well, you just could easily read his mind to figure it out, but you had promised to your best friend that you wouldn't read his mind. He didn't like it and you knew damn well why. Of course you read his mind sometimes, but just for fun and you liked to tease him.

*

Evening hit and you were in the common room with Clint. With little help from your mother, Tony allowed you to spend time with your friends in the tower.

"What the heck?!" Clint yelled in the middle of his show what you two were watching. His favorite character just chose the wrong woman (in Clint's opinion). You looked at him amused, because you had knew that it was going to happen.

"Oh hi guys." Peter entered into the room and walked over you. Clint hissed at him and turned on his show again.
"Hi." you replied and smiled at him kindly.
"Can I talk to you, for a second?" Peter asked and pointed his finger towards the bar counter of your father's. You nodded and he led you to sit on the chair.

"I'm worried about you, Y/N." Peter said with concerned tone in his voice. He looked worried and little bit of.. sad? when he looked at you.
"Why? I'm alright." you said confidently and raised your eyebrow.
"Your acting lately... it's been unusual. I heard in school about your fight, and it's not just that. You have been quite quiet lately too. Tell me if something is wrong so I can help you." he told you softly and gently. He truly worried about you.

"Yeah about that fight... you know that Wilson girl. She's a bully! I just.. lost it. This is just all about the stress, that's all." you tried to convince him and it actually looked like it worked. Peter sighed in relief and then gave you a warm, pure hearted smile.
"I know, she's awful person. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you." he told you, this time with regret in his voice.
"Hey, that's alright. You can't be all the time around, besides I can protect myself. As you can see." you said and smirked a little. Peter laughed and then pulled you into hug and kissed you.
"I know you can.." he whispered to your ear.