chapter twenty-four

"Feeling better?" Clint asked after he had helped you to sat down on the couch in the common room.
"Little yeah." you mumbled and shook your head in hope that it would help to clear your mind. Clint looked concerned as he sat down.
"Have this happened before?" he asked with worried tone in his voice. He hadn't seen you like this when you had used your powers before.
"No, not exactly no." you said and tried to get into more comfortable position. Clint offered his hand to help you, but you refused his help. You were totally capable to move by yourself, you weren't that weak after all.

But before Clint could reply anything, the elevator opened and the whole team walked in. You turned your head to their direction as they walked over you two.
"Everything alright kid?" Tony asked with hint of concern in his voice. You nodded in reply, you didn't want to tell him about what happened. He would just probably get mad at you for eavesdropping them.

"Is something wrong?" Clint asked when he saw the concern in others faces. Steve looked at Tony who nodded back at him.
"Government is unsatisfied with our actions regarding to Loki and his weapon." Steve sighed. Everybody looked not surprised at all. The government always was unsatisfied with everything you had done.
"What does it mean?" Nat asked, she was clearly curious. As so were you all.
"That we all have to start to look for my brother." Thor replied. You and Clint tried to look like you had know idea what they were talking about.
"So we could give him to the government?" Bruce clarified. But Thor shook his head instead while he crossed his arms.
"So I could sent him back to my father into Asgard." Thor replied firmly.
"I bet that the government doesn't like that plan at all." you spoke up, passing their attention on you. Thor gave a small laugh. "No they certainly will not."

"What about the weapon?" Nat asked, sounding now more serious than earlier. She knew this was a thing that we can't mess up.
"I assume it is still in safe place under asgardians protection." Thor replied confidently, but then he sighed.
"But we can't give it up to the government either. Loki and the weapon are responsible for Odin, and only for him." he added. There was a feeling of worry and hesitation in Thor, you could feel it.

"What about the government then?" Clint asked. He was still sitting beside you, making sure that you wouldn't faint or anything like it.
"That's why we gathered you all, we need to find him before the government." Steve spoke up. You could feel how he wanted to hesitate. He didn't like to stand up against the government at all.

Then Steve and Thor told you their plan to look for Loki without letting the government know. Luckily you had got help from Nick Fury with this, after all, he was known as the hater of the government among you.

They had made a plan where all of you split apart to look for Loki.

Or not all of you.

You weren't included.

"Why?!" you grumbled at your father who was his stubborn self as always.
"Because it wouldn't be good for you to try to look for the person who might just kidnap you the second he has a chance!" Tony told you firmly.
While you were glaring at Tony, you noticed that everyone else agreed with him. You glanced at Thor, but he was clearly with the team. Well, of course he were, he still had to blame himself for you kidnapping.
"Screw you.." you murmured and stood up from the couch. You took instantly a support from the couch, because of the dizziness you were still experiencing, but then somehow managed to stand again and then walked back to the elevator.
"That attitude is not helping with your situation!" Tony growled after you, but you didn't care and just walked out.

You hated to be treated like a child. You were perfectly capable to protect yourself and help others to find Loki. Also, you had to talk to him.

No.

You had to get to him and kill him for what he had done to you, ruined your life. You really hated him with all of your heart.

Didn't you?

*

The week had passed quickly when you had been in school and the rest of the team had been looking for Loki. You still were mad at your father for rejecting your help.
Clint had also tried to convince you that this was the best way for you, but you didn't agree, obviously. You deserved your revenge on Loki.

It was another schoolday again and you were eating your breakfast in the kitchen before your leaving for school. You were shoving a bread into your mouth when Thor walked in.
"Hello little mind reader." he greeted you with that usual term he was always using.
"Hi Thor.." you huffed, mouth full of bread. Thor grabbed some leftover pancakes from yesterday and sat across from you.
"Everything alright?" he asked while he tried to shove the whole piece of pancake into his mouth. He was always making sure you were alright, even though you weren't close. He had that ability to notice when you were on the off mood.

"I'm just tired of being outsider in this whole Loki situation." you whined and gave a look at Thor, who was looking at you with that sympathetic look on his face.
"I understand little mind reader, but I assure you that this is the best way for you and your safety." he told you firmly but with hint of love in his voice. He clearly tried not to offend you.
"But I'm more than perfectly capable to protect myself, or do you guys disagree with me?" you grumbled while you set your plate into the dishwasher.
"Yes you are indeed, a good fighter in my opinion. But you know you were kidnapped by my brother for whole two weeks, and I have to admit that Stark might be right when he said that it will be too dangerous for you to look for Loki." Thor told you with honesty showing in his voice. He really wanted to keep you away from his brother.

"But I could help.." you started but Thor interrupted you.
"No, it really is better for you to stay here and go to that school of yours, of course, nothing more." he insisted. You just rolled your eyes and mumbled something in reply.

Gosh you really hate that father figure side in him when it showed. Anyway you liked to be treated by him more like a friend than overprotected child.

You looked at the watch on the wall and noticed quickly that your school was about to start in fifteen minutes. You said your goodbyes to Thor and headed down to the car.
The driver was already waiting for you as you walked outside. You climbed into the car and he drove you away from the tower to your hell hole school.

*

You walked through the corridors to your last class. You really hated in here.
Your last class was boring and you tried to manage yourself to listen the teacher. But he just talked and talked and

talked.

Sometimes, when you were bored in class, you liked to read other students minds for fun. And it really was fun to hear what they went through in their heads. Sometimes it was even little disgusting to hear some of their thoughts. Some of them were little dirty minded.

But this time you couldn't have your fun. You hadn't use your powers again since the day you had got dizzy for using them. You wanted to know what was going on with your powers and how you were able to control them.
After all, you didn't want to faint in the middle of the class.