chapter sixteen

The fight was merciless and rough. You fought on the ground with Clint by your side.
Unluckily to you, you weren't in the best shape to fight. Your hand was still hurting a little and you were also little rusty after being captured for two weeks in chains, without any practice at all.
And it showed to Clint as well. He had to save you under plenty of chitauries, many of times.
"You need to wake up Y/N." he said after you had got under one of their attack again. He helped you up back on your feet as you gave a glare at him.
"I am awake. If you didn't notice, I was gone for two weeks, and that long time without any practice will left its mark." you murmured as you threw a dagger at one chitauri behind Clint.
"Yeah I did notice, Y/N. I literally thought that you might had died the past two days, before you came back. Almost every single one of us thought.." Clint told you and dragged you forwards the city to help more people.

You looked down, you really were sorry for them that they really had thought you were dead. But you didn't blame them though, you would had thought that too.

After you had got plenty of citizens safe, Clint pulled you aside from the fight. You looked around you, trying to figure out how to end this all.
"That portal needs to be closed or this will never end." Clint said while he looked at the sky.
The portal was huge and there were more and more coming all the time. If you couldn't close the portal, you were going to die, like Loki had predicted.

Wait.

Loki.

You had totally forgot him for awhile. You needed to know if he still was in there, where he had left you.
"There's no citizens left in here, go somewhere else more safer place, where you can kill those son of a bitches. I need to check on something." you ordered your best friend.
"No way I'm gonna let you leave alone, without any protection. I just got you back." he told you firmly as he grabbed your hand.
"Please, I'll be fine. I'll contact you after its done and I'll come to you, I promise." you told him with confident smile on your face. Clint hesitated for awhile but then he nodded.
"Alright, contact me immediately when its done, and don't you dare to get yourself killed." he said and hugged you.
"You too." you told him and after you had hugged him long enough, you headed back to the streets.

You killed several of your enemies on your way to Loki. You just needed to check if he was still there, something inside you had made you do that. And you literally hate it.

As you got yourself into the place you had last seen him, you ran straight to the ship. But there was no one there.
"Where did you go..?" you mumbled by yourself and knelt to the ground where he had been lying the last time you had seen him.

"Guys, we have a problem!" you heard suddenly your father from the earphone. You pressed the earphone's button to talk to him.
"What is it?" you asked and looked around you, preparing to get attacked on.
"There a huge missile coming towards the city." Tony told you, he sounded super concerned.
"We need to destroy it before it lands." Steve told him.
"We can't, it's a nuclear bomb. If I blew it up now, it's still destroys a half of the city, and us." Tony replied.
Now you knew why he had sounded more worried than usually.
"What do we do, mr Stark?" Peter asked. You all were silent at the moment, and you knew that all of you were shocked and afraid for what was coming.
"Well, I have an idea. But for that, we need to shut the portal." Tony said. Before you could ask what his plan was, you slipped and fell on the ship's floor. You lifted your head to look where you had walked.

It was Loki's golden weapon.

What it was doing in here?

You stood up and grabbed it from the ground. You looked at it curiously and wondered why it was in here.
Loki would've never left it in here, unless...