chapter twenty-six

Loki sighed heavily as he looked around the cell. It was cold, empty and dirty little room.

You were shocked that you had found him in here. You weren't expecting it all, like you hadn't expected any of this.
And he looked horrible, he had some painful looking burn marks on his face and he was in bad shape.

You wanted answers, but you couldn't get them as long as that tight bond was around your mouth. You tried to struggle again out of those handcuffs and chains, but you didn't manage to free yourself.
"You think I haven't tried that yet? That's waste of time." Loki grumbled in the corner while he was leaning against the wall. He looked awfully tired and exhausted.

You stopped and glared at him. You couldn't reply anything with that stupid bond covering your mouth.

Then you tried again and pulled your hands further from the handcuffs as hard as you could, but it started to hurt your wrists.
And it seemed like Loki had noticed it too.
"Oh come on, stop that. It's not going to work." he huffed and rolled his eyes at you.
"You're just going to hurt yourself."

You glared at him again. If you weren't in those chains right now, you would probably be on his throat. You felt so much anger towards him.

"If you stop that pointless attempt to escape, I'll remove that bond over your mouth." Loki bid you. He looked like he was already exhausted by your presence.
Then he slowly crawled over you and lifted his hands to take the bond off, but you backed your head further from him. You glared at him angrily.
"I wouldn't mind if your mouth would be still tied, but I think it would be more comfortable for you to get it off." Loki told you firmly and sighed afterwards.

You rolled your eyes and then slowly and carefully turned your head to face him again. He lifted his hands slowly again and untied the bond over your mouth.
He threw the bond on the floor and glanced at you.
"You're welcome." he murmured and then went back to his place and leaned against the wall again.

You looked away. You didn't want to see his stupid, annoying, pretty good looking face. You just wanted one thing, revenge, for the things he had done to you.

After an hour, you were still scowling in your own corner, trying avoid the god of mischief.

"So now you're silent." Loki grumbled after the long silence between you two. You still didn't reply and just glared at the floor.
He obviously referred to the time you had been kidnapped by him, you didn't stay quiet for long back then.

"Oh come on darling, didn't you miss me at all?" he added with grin on his face. You rolled your eyes again.
"Shut up and don't call me darling ever again." you growled at him. He was annoying you, like the time when you had been kidnapped in Asgard.

For awhile, it was awfully silent while you had shifted to glare at Loki again.
You started to wonder why he was so much covered in bruises. He must had been here for a long time for having so many of them. You also felt the pain he was going through again, and the frustration he experienced.

He has definitely been a long time here before you.

You stifled the anger and fear in your voice as you looked at him.
"How long had you been here?"

"I don't know, I messed up with counting like a few days ago." he shrugged. Loki was also amused, he had got you to talk to him finally.
"Why you even are here?" you asked, trying to stay calm. You needed some answers and he wasn't going to give you them if you wouldn't play nicely. You had that experience from earlier.

"Thanos gave me up to these bastards." he blurted out with hint of amuse in his voice.
"Thanos?" you asked, you have no idea who he was. Loki turned to look at you, he didn't have those dark circles around his eyes anymore, but he still looked tortured.
"Yes, Thanos. The greatest creature in the whole universe, as he like to call himself." Loki replied with a sarcastic chuckle. You raised your eyebrow as a sign of confusion.
Who was this Thanos and why he had put Loki here in the first place?

But you had to ask that later, because you got interrupted by guards who entered into your cell.
Other of them walked over you and was ready to lift you up on your feet again.
"No not her." the other said.
"Boss wanted him."

"How could I tell the difference when he just said that he wants the mind trickster. They're both mind tricksters!" the other grumbled to the other back and walked over Loki.
The guard lifted him up and took off the chains but left the handcuffs. Then they started to drag him out of the cell.

Why wasn't he fighting back?

*

Several hours passed as you sat on the floor alone, wondering what they were doing to Loki. It was cold and dark, not to mention the fact that you were also starving.
How in the hell you were going to escape this time? There was no one to let you go, those -as Loki called them- bastards would never let you go like Loki had.

And what about the avengers? They couldn't ever find you, not from a place like this.
It really looked like you had to stay here for now, and with Loki...

After another hour, your cell finally opened. The guards stepped in with Loki, who was hanging from his hands and looked powerless and exhausted. They attached him again to his chains and then they turned at you.
"Prepare yourself, your next little girl." the other laughed and then left with his partner. You glared at them as they left, and when they had, you turned to look at Loki. You stared at him horrified for the way he looked. Around his face was even more bad looking burn bruises. What they had done to him?

"Loki?" you asked carefully, he didn't seem to be fine at all. He lifted his head up and looked at you, his eyes were tired... tired of fighting.
"What they had done to you?" you asked with a little hint of concern in your voice, but just little. You didn't care about him that much,

right?

"They..." Loki started, he was so exhausted to even talk.
"Those son of bitches tried to.... tried to get me under their... control." he mumbled, sounding very very tired.
"What?" you were shocked. "Why would they want to do that?"

"Because they're Hydra.." Loki blurted and rolled his eyes. He seemed to be little.. amused?
Little wave of fear came inside your body. Hydra... you had heard of them from Steve. How they had mind controlled his best friend Bucky, who eventually had got his memories back, one by one.
Was that going to happen to you too? This wasn't good, this wasn't good at all.

"You can't let them... take you.. under their control." Loki told you after a short silence. He tried to fight against the fatigue.
"And how do you think I am going to do that?" you blurted out little grumpily.
"Because you have the mind control ability darling, you can use it." he huffed.
You looked at him stunned, he knows?

"Oh don't be so.. surprised. Of course I knew about that ability of yours, just right in the beginning. And because I noticed back then that you didn't have the slightest idea of that power, you must had been visiting in Asgard." Loki told you, amused by the stunned expression on your face.
"How you...?" you stuttered, still little shocked.
"I assume you met my dear mother, Frigga? She is the only one besides me, who can notice something like that in human." he said with little chuckle.

"But how can it help me if I don't even know how to use it?" you grumbled at him, annoyed by his amusement.
Loki's little grin disappeared and he looked like he was really thinking it through in his head.
"That might be true yes.." he started, but got interrupted when your cell's door opened again.