chapter six

Second week of your grounding had just ended and it was finally weekend. You felt more free than ever for a last two weeks. Although Tony had warned you what happens next if you kept behaving like that in school. But that was something to worry about some other day, now you were going to train with your best friend after a long time. It was beautiful saturday afternoon so what would be better than training with him?

"Got you again!" Clint laughed when he had captured you under his knees.
"Do you ever train sis? I mean, you really should." he teased you, still keeping you under his weight.
"Oh shut up and watch this!" you grumbled and then grabbed his legs and pushed them so hard that they didn't support his weight anymore and he fell next to you. You climb on his back and laughed.
"This time I got you." you teased back and kept his arms around his back.
"Alright alright, let me go now!" he whined under his breath and you did as he ordered. You stood up and offered your hand to lift him up. He took it, but then he pulled you down and you fell on him.
"You fucker.." you said when your faces was inches away from each other. Clint just laughed as you tried to get off of his arms. He held you against his chest pretty tightly so it was hard to get up.

"Ms Y/N and mr Barton, Captain is waiting for you with the team in the common room. He said it was urgent." Jarvis interrupted your training. You sighed heavily and looked at Clint.
"Why this happens always when we are training?" you said and stood up, lifting Clint up after.
"I don't know, maybe we're cursed." Clint chuckled as he set down his bow on its place in the wall.

You and him walked into the elevator and headed to the common room, where Steve had wanted you.
Everyone turned on you two the second you stepped in.
"Wow, you're on time." Nat teased you when you sat down on the couch. You stuck your tongue out and Clint grinned.
"Alright childish games are over, this is emergency." Steve said firmly, meaning you two.
"What is it?" Thor asked, sounding actually very worried. He usually didn't.
"Chitauries." Steve answered. The whole team got silent and you can see the stunned look specially on Thor's face. He knew them better than anyone else in the room.
"What they want?" Thor stood up and picked up mjolnir from the table.
"They're attacking, in far little city from here." Steve explained, he was very worried, you can see.
"Why?" Nat asked next and stood up too.
"We don't know yet, Fury is trying to figure it out at the moment. But meanwhile he needs us there to protect the citizens." Steve told you and you all nodded.
"Guess we should get going then, I'll get the ship ready." Clint said and stood up to get onto the roof. Steve nodded and ordered the rest of you to suit up and follow Clint.

This was little different saturday compared to your expectations. Luckily your grounding had ended so Tony let you fight.

You put on your battle suit and headed to the roof. Everyone else was already on the ship and you were the last one to enter.
"Alright everyone's here, let's get going." Steve ordered Clint, who was flying that thing. You sat down next to Thor and put on your seatbelt like others did as well.
"Isn't Peter coming?" you asked when you noticed that he wasn't on board.
"He is in town, we didn't have time to invite him. But it's fine we can handle this by ourselves." Tony replied and sat across from you and Thor, between Nat and Bruce.

The flight there was long and exhausting, you really hated to be on planes or any kind of things.
"Nervous, mind reader?" Thor asked little amused and looked at you while others made their attack plan.
"Not at all, you?" you chuckled and looked at his blue eyes. They really were blue, beautifully blue.
"The god of thunder don't feel anything called nervous, it's meant to those pitty, tiny midgardians." Thor said proudly and you laughed at that.

Although you saw something was wrong with him. He seemed extra concerned about this mission and you weren't so sure why. You and Thor weren't the closest ones in the team, but he sure is the funniest and kindest to you.
You tried to read his mind to find his source of concern, but reading a god's mind was harder than anyone else's. You had learned to be better at it, but it was still hard, though.
And when you noticed that you couldn't go inside this time, you had a feeling why. This was something he didn't want to share or let anyone know. And you let it be, you didn't want to use all your energy to that when there was a battle coming.

Then you finally arrived to the 'battle field'. It looked like chaos walking on the streets. Most of the building were burned down and the Chitauries were all over the place, destroying everything what came to their way.

"Get ready avengers, this is might get ugly." Steve ordered and put on his helmet. You released yourself from the seatbelts and stepped outside of the ship when Clint had landed it near the city.
"Alright everyone, do your jobs and make sure you get those people safe. It's our priority right now. Fury sent us a rescue ship, you need to guide those people there the second it arrives." Steve gave you his orders and you all nodded as an agreement.

Then you ran to the battle field. People were hurt and scared while they hide or run through the streets.
You fight few chitauries to get to people who needed help. You killed them easily with your daggers and then ran immediately to the family who were scared as hell.
"Hey it's okay. I'll help you, but you need to come with me." you told them. They nodded and you led them to the rescue ship which had just arrived.

After you had got them in, you turned to the fight again. You saw Nat, fighting alone against too many chitauries. You ran to her and killed one before it attacked at Nat.
"Thanks." she said and kept fighting. There were lot of chitauries and they just kept coming. You almost got killed by one if Clint hadn't shot it straight to its head.
"Be more careful next time sis." he had told you when he lifted you up, back on your feet.

It was difficult to fight them and at the same time rescue so many people. But it was your job and you were going to do it well.

When you had killed several of them, you saw suddenly a little girl on the other side of the street.
"There's a girl we had missed, I'll go to her." you told Nat and Clint and they nodded. You rushed to her but she started to ran from you.
"Hey wait! I'm here to help!" you shouted after her but she just kept running. You followed the girl to a building which was almost destroyed by the chitauries. You ran inside and you saw her running upstairs. You tried to shout after her again but it didn't work.
"Oh come on." you said to yourself and started running the stairs. You followed her to the third floor and then suddenly she stopped.
"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm here to help." you told her as you walked closer. You tried to touch her but she disappeared from your touch.
"What the..." you said before you felt pain in your head and everything went dark. Someone had knocked you out.