chapter seventeen

After Nat had succeeded to calm Bruce down and help him to turn back to himself, you headed to the tower.
Steve and Thor were helping Tony back inside and you were walking with Clint. He really wanted to make sure you were going to stay this time. Although it wasn't your fault that you had been gone, or was it?

Your mother and sister were already waiting for you in the common room as you walked in. Pepper walked over her husband and looked at him pitying but proudly. Then she turned on you and hugged you tightly as Thor and Steve helped Tony on the couch.
"I was so worried." she whispered into your ear. You loved your mother, she was always so kind and warm.

Then you hugged your sister, she seemed to be just fine and looked like she hadn't even got scared. Morgan was incredibly brave.

"We're all little tired and exhausted, but I think that all of us would like to know what happened to you, Y/N." Steve said after he had, painfully, settled down on the chair.
You nodded and sighed deeply as you walked over them and sat between Clint and Peter.
"Well, it all started in the building when we were on the battle field...." you started to explain and they all listened you very carefully.

"...and then I realized it was Loki..." you kept going, but then Thor interrupted you.
"Wait what?! My brother?" he asked and looked shockingly at you.

Well, not that shockingly. It was Loki after all.

You nodded as the others looked curiously at Thor.
"But I was in there, in Asgard. How didn't I..." but then it hit him. He realized something and his face filled with expression of regret.
"That scream... it was you." Thor said and leaned his head against his arms.
"You heard me?" you asked, little stunned because you had thought that he hadn't heard you back then.
"Yes, and after that, I searched the place twice but I didn't found anyone, so I left. I'm so sorry Y/N, I should have known." he apologized, and you could even see in his face that he was hurting and regretting.
"Hey, it's alright. Loki hid me pretty good, even from you." you told him with gently voice. You wanted him to understand that you weren't blaming him.

"Hold up, you didn't tell us that you had heard her. Don't you get that we could've had a possibility to save her?!" Tony grumbled at him, while he tried to fight the pain which was caused by his injuries.
"And what would you had done, exactly? I think we can all agree, that you would had probably just thought, that I was crazy in that situation." Thor grumbled at him back. Tony looked like he wanted to protest at that, but he seemed to understand Thor's point.
"Maybe you babies want to stop the fighting and let Y/N tell the rest?!" Nat murmured at them both and then turned on you, letting you to go on with your story. You nodded as a thanks to her.

"And then...." you explained them the rest of the story from the moment he had moved you to the other place to a moment he had let you go.
Of course you didn't tell everything what happened between you and Loki. Like the times he had defended you, when you had gone into his mind and the....

kiss.

"But why he let you go? I mean, it doesn't sound right." Clint spoke up after you had told the whole story.
"Yeah, your dumb friend might be right." Tony agreed, which made Clint glare at him.
"I don't know." you replied.
Because if you really thought about it, there was no sense making reason, him to let you go. Maybe you'll find out someday, maybe you could talk to him once again. Just maybe.

"I think we should keep our eyes on you for awhile. He might be planning something. There's a possibility that this was only a part of his plan, he might come after you." Steve said and they all agreed. Except you, you hated to be babysitted.
"Steve's right, so don't even try to protest." Tony told you firmly while you glared at him.

Nothing had changed from the past two weeks.

"What about that?" Nat asked and pointed at Loki's weapon which was lying on the table, where you had settled it when you had arrived.
"I'll take it with me, to Asgard. I think I have some undone business with my brother in there anyway." Thor spoke up and gave a look at you as he stood up.
"That might be the best idea for now." Steve agreed as he looked concerned at the weapon.
"I'll take it immediately, it's better that this isn't here, in the hands of tiny midgardians." Thor laughed a bit and grabbed the weapon. He walked over you as you stood up. Then he pulled you into a hug.
"I'm sorry for my brother, little mind reader." he whispered to you.
You hated to see that he was blaming himself about this. It obviously wasn't his fault.
"It's okay, really." you told him as you pulled yourself out of his arms. Thor didn't say anything, but just gave you a little smile and then walked away.

Then Pepper walked over you and Tony.
"Now you two, get into the medical." she ordered and pointed at your arm and Tony... generally.
You wanted to hesitate but your mother forced you to go. She wanted to make sure that your arm, and everything else in you were okay.
For your luck, Bruce was feeling already better, so you didn't need to go to the hospital.

After Bruce had stitched up your arm, you went to your room. Tony would've liked to ask you more about the last two weeks, but gladly Pepper kept your side and let you go rest into your room.
You sat on your couch and lied down, it felt so good to be back home, free from those uncomfortable chains.
But your alone-time didn't last long, someone was already knocking on your door. You sighed heavily as you sat up again and called the knocker in. But then your frustration left immediately, when you saw Peter, your boyfriend.
"Hi Y/N." he said softly as he walked over you and sat down next to you.
"I was so worried about you, how are you feeling?" he asked as he placed his hand on yours.
"I'm totally fine, just little tired." you replied with little smile on your face.
"Oh then, I can leave if you want to rest.." Peter started and you chuckled at him.
"No, you can stay." you said and leaned forwards to hug him. He pulled you close to his chest and wrapped his arms around you.
You looked up into his eyes and he leaned down to kiss you. It was soft and gently as always, but this time something had changed. It didn't feel right.
You released yourself from the kiss and then leaned your head against his chest again.

Something really didn't feel right. What was it?
Then suddenly, you remembered the kiss, with Loki.

Shit.

You couldn't tell Peter, you didn't have a heart to tell him. You didn't want to break his heart, but also, keeping that as a secret felt much as bad as his possible reaction if he hears it.
And what about Loki? You hadn't think about the kiss after he had helped you out of Asgard. Was it only part of his plan or was it real? Does he have some kind of feelings for you? And more importantly...

do you have some kind of feelings for him?