Chapter 15

Josh exhaled looking how Maya was now sound asleep.
Exhaling he looked at the ring on her finger thinking what would happen if everything was as simple as they thought it would be.
She was 19 weeks pregnant while neither she or Josh were sure what would happen next.
As what the doctor had said kept on repeating in his head he didn't allow his eyes to move from Maya.
Sighing he took her hand in his as he saw how her eyes fluttered open.

"Hey, Beautiful. How you feeling?" Josh asked as Maya smiled shifting her head towards Josh so she could look at him.
"Scared," Maya said as Josh exhaled.
"Maya, Honey. It's okay. Like the doctor said you're stable and the baby is okay as well. Whether you decide to end the pregnancy or go through with it, I'm here," Josh said.
"It's..."
"I know what it is. Close your eyes and try to get some sleep," Josh said as Maya closed her eyes falling back asleep.

"Mr Matthews, here is someone to see Miss Hunter," the doctor said.
"I'll be right there," Josh said going out of the hospital room.

"Uncle Josh, what's wrong with her?" Riley asked as Josh looked at his niece.
"Riles she's okay. She has placenta previa. I forgot the fancy words but she can lose the baby or she can die during delivery," Josh said.
"She's gotta get rid of it," Riley said.
"Riley Matthews," Cory said.
"Is she okay?" Topanga asked.
"Yes and asleep. So please go home. She's gonna stay for the night," Josh said.
"Call me if anything changes," Riley said as they were gone.

Exhaling he sat down on the chairs outside while taking it all in.
Thinking that the baby might be gone was one thing which he didn't know how to deal with but losing Maya he knew would break him and that he didn't even want to think about.