Chapter 16

After being in the hospital for a few days Maya got home but clearly had changed. Laying in bed most of the time she wasn't doing much while Josh did everything he could to help around the apartment. Going into the nursery they had started to set up for the baby he smiled thinking how happy both of them were to welcome the little baby girl in their lives. But now all they felt was fear. Maya feared she would lose her baby while Josh was so worried for both Maya and the baby. Looking at the clothes laying around the room Josh exhaled hearing movement from down the hall. Going to their room, Josh saw as Maya was busy getting dressed as he smiled at her.

"Morning, Sweetheart. How are you feeling?" Josh asked kissing the side of her head.

"I'm okay. It's wild. A week ago we thought this would be a normal pregnancy. Now it isn't," Maya said.

"Remember that show, One Tree Hill? Peyton had the same disease and both she and baby Sawyer survived. And both you and Aurora will as well. Don't be afraid," Josh said pulling Maya close to him as she felt the baby moving.

"Feel here," Maya said laying Josh's hand on her stomach.

"Rory is moving," Maya said as Josh smiled looking at his fiance.

"Rory, as in Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls. I like it. For a nickname for our little sweetheart," Josh said.

"My nickname is actually Maya. My real name is Margaret but my mother never called me that," Maya said.

"See why. You are definitely not a Margaret. But our daughter will be fine. I'll make breakfast," Josh said.

"Okay," Maya said as Josh went to the kitchen.