Chapter 2

Looking at the test it still frightened her not entirely knowing what could eventually happen.
Maya shook her head as the tears streamed down her face while she saw as Josh came through the room.
She smiled seeing him as she sat up from where she was laying on the bed.

"Here. Ginger real. Nothing works better for nausea than this stuff. My mother can tell you the same. How you feeling?" Josh asked as Maya shrugged her shoulders.
"I haven't thrown up again. Goodness think this is a girl," Maya said taking a sip of her drink.
"It's okay. At least you're not in high school anymore which is good. Have you told the people at your work you're gonna be at home for awhile?" Josh asked as Maya nodded.
"I have. Strange enough I'm feeling overwhelmed but also excited. Can a baby come at a right time before a marriage?" Maya asked as Josh smiled.
"I don't know," Josh said looking at his girlfriend.

In the last three years that they've been together since he came to New York it was like everything had changed.
He and Maya was at a place in their lives where they didn't care about if things would turn out badly or greatly.
They just wanted to be together.
While celebrating their 3 year anniversary less than 3 months ago it was still scary thinking that the pregnancy was happening.

"Do you want to stay here for awhile or should I go and drop you off at home?" Josh asked.
"Can I stay?" Maya asked as Josh nodded.
"For as long as you need to. I love you," Josh said.