1.

Carina and Andrew Deluca were born in Italy, when their parents separated their mother moved to the United States taking little Andrew with her. While Carina stayed in Italy with her father. Since they were little they were always very close and that didn't change at all when they separated, hundreds of kilometers separated them physically, but they always kept a connection, they called each other almost daily, wrote and video called each other frequently to know everything that was going on in their lives. In summer vacations or for the end of the year vacations, usually one of them would travel to visit the other for a few days, but since Carina started college and then Andrew as well they didn't have much free time left for travel and only saw each other occasionally through a screen.

Andrew was finishing his first year of university while Carina was not far from finishing her degree at one of the most important dance academies in Italy. As part of her training, this year Carina would be going on an exchange and attending one of the most prestigious academies in the United States. Carina was very excited, not only would she be able to improve her dance skills, but she would also be much closer to her brother. As she packed her bags, she began to imagine what they would do together after all the time they had been apart. At first Carina would stay with him for a few days while she found a place to live. Andrew told her that she could stay as long as she wanted, but according to what Andrew had told her the space was not very big, it only had two rooms and Andrew already had a roommate. So she decided it would be better if she could find a place for herself, as she didn't want to be uncomfortable.

Carina had taken a cab to the address Andrew had texted her. But first she decided to stop at a coffee shop that was nearby and then she would walk to where Andrew lived. As excited as she was, the moment the cab stopped she jumped out not realizing that someone was passing by she tripped, causing the girl to spill her coffee on Carina.

- What the hell, why don't you pay attention? she shouted as she saw her blouse covered in coffee.

- Me? You're the one who stormed out of that cab without paying attention to her surroundings.

- My first day in this city and it already started badly. No one warned me that people here were so rude. Carina said annoyed.

When Carina looked up she met the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen in her life, as blue as the ocean and so bright they could light up any room. Their gazes met for a second, until the girl spoke again.

- I'm so sorry your day is going badly, but I'm late for class and I can't stay to listen to your complaints. Good luck with that stain. She said with a mocking smile as she continued on her way.

Carina was so upset that she just grabbed her bags and went straight to her brother. When Andrew opened the door he noticed Carina with her blouse covered in brown and a face of fury that would scare anyone.

- What happened to you? Andrew said as he frowned.

- Hi Carina, how are you? How was your trip? Yes, I missed you too. Said Carina imitating Andrew's voice as she entered his house.

- Sorry, come here. Said Andrew giving his sister a hug. – How are you? How was the trip? And why do you have coffee on you?

- The trip was fine, but when I got out of the cab a stranger bumped into me and spilled coffee on me. And she didn't even have the decency to apologize, a total pain in the ass.

- Why don't you get changed and I'll help you carry this up to the room? He said as he took Carina's bags and guided her to his room.

- Thank you. And how have you been? How's college life?

- I've been fine. I have a lot of work to do, but it's going pretty well.

- That's great! I'm so happy for you fratellino. Carina said as she tousled Andrew's hair, just like when they were little, causing him to laugh.

After changing and unpacking some of their things. Carina and Andrew were chatting on the couch in the living room, while watching their favorite series.

- I'm starving! Please tell me you have something to eat in this house. Carina said as she got up from the couch and headed for the kitchen. – Since when did you become so healthy? There's only protein bars and green stuff in here.

- Oh, don't touch that! Andrew shouted from the couch. It's Maya's stuff, she's pretty strict about what she eats and if she comes back and sees someone touched her food she's going to be upset. If you want we can go out to eat or if you're too tired we can order something.

- Okay, we can go out, I can't wait to see more of this place.

The brothers went out to dinner and caught up on all the news and aspects of their lives. They talked about everything, college, their love life, how their parents were doing and even reminisced about their childhood. When it started to get dark they decided to go back to Andrew's apartment, when they arrived Carina noticed two pairs of shoes in the entrance, but she didn't think much of it, for sure they belonged to Andrew's roommate so they settled back on the couch and continued watching their favorite series. Strangely Carina couldn't concentrate at all on the series, she had the image of the girl in the café stuck in her mind, she couldn't stop thinking about those blue eyes that stood out even more because of her blonde hair, although it filled her with rage to remember the way the girl had spoken to her and she hadn't even offered her an apology. She was thinking about the matter when she heard some noises coming from the other room, taking her completely out of her thoughts.