22.

- Ughh! I don't know what was worse, finding you two fighting like crazy in the living room or finding you doing whatever it is you're doing on that couch. Said Andrew as he entered the apartment to find Carina straddling Maya in a torrid exchange of kisses and caresses. – I don't think I'll ever sit there again. He added in disgust.

- You act like you never have sex. Said Carina, raising her head slightly to look at the boy, but not getting up off Maya, causing the blonde to let out a small laugh.

- But I don't do it in front of my sister or with her best friend. Andrew added sarcastically.

- I thought we were past this. Carina growled.

- Yeah, yeah, and I'm happy you're happy, but I'm not happy to find you like this. Andrew pointed in disgust towards the place where the girls were.

- As if I haven't seen you in worse situations. Maya joked, as she gently moved Carina to sit next to her. – Remember the other time, with the redhead you met at the bar, she was bent ov....

- Stop it! I don't want to hear more. Carina exclaimed, silencing Maya with the palm of her hand.

- See, it's not nice at all. Andrew added.

- Well, but you won't have to worry about it anymore. Smiled Carina mischievously.

- What do you mean? Andrew asked when he saw his sister's face.

- I got an apartment near the academy, I'm moving in next week. Carina exclaimed excitedly. – Finally, I'm going to stop sharing a room with my stupid little brother. Joked Carina.

Andrew was silent for a second, watching the two girls' faces in detail.

- I thought that... you know now that the two of you are together or whatever, maybe you were going to stay here and just move into Maya's room. Andrew added in confusion.

- Yeah, we had a conversation about that. Said Carina taking Maya's hand and moving closer to her.

- You see, we want to take things slowly and not run or skip important steps. Maya interrupted. – Living together sounds like too much, too soon.

- Yes, I understand that. Andrew nodded. - And I'm glad to know that you'll have another place to do your things and I won't have to see these spectacles again. Joked the boy.

- Don't get so excited, I'll still come by from time to time to bother you. Carina laughed, causing Andrew to roll his eyes.

They spent the rest of the day joking around, talking about Carina's new apartment, and making plans for next week. The girls were already planning to make the most of the last days and nights they would live under the same roof.

Next week...

- Ready? Maya asked, as she loaded the last of Carina's bags into the car.

- Ready. Affirmed the Italian, hugging the blonde from behind. – I'm going to miss you. She added, as she gave her a kiss on the cheek.

- I know, me too. But it's not like you're going far away and we'll still see each other often. Maya said, turning to look into her eyes.

- I know, I know, I'm being a little dramatic, but it just won't be the same.

- It's going to be fine, okay? Maya said to cheer her up.

- Ok. Carina nodded. – But you know you can call me for anything, if you want to talk, if you can't sleep, if you have nightmares, if you miss me or if you're just bored. Rambled the Italian.

- Of course, I will. Your phone will explode from the amount of times I'm going to call you. Joked the blonde.

Deep inside what worried Carina and she didn't dare to express, was the thought that at any moment Lane Bishop could come back for Maya and she wouldn't be there to protect her. She remembered how just a short time ago Maya lived in fear, she was frightened by any noise and all the time she lived worried and defensive. It scared Carina to think that being alone that Maya could come back or even worse that Lane would find her and hurt her. True, Maya wasn't completely alone, Andrew would still be there and take care of her as if she were his own sister, but she still felt a little helpless at not being able to wrap the blonde in a bubble that would keep her happy and safe forever.

Beep, beep!

The girls' conversation was interrupted by the sound of a horn and Andrew's desperate voice.

Beep, beep! – We need to go or you won't finish unpacking today. Andrew shouted from the driver's seat.

Both girls climbed into the car, Carina in the front seat and Maya in the back, and the three of them set off for the Italian's new home.

They had decided that they would not spend that night together, Maya had to get up very early the next day and didn't want to disturb Carina who was tired from the move. Besides, even though they hadn't lived under the same roof for long, they had to get used to living separately.

In her room Maya tossed and turned like crazy in bed, unable to fall asleep. She couldn't believe that Carina had become so indispensable in her life. They hadn't known each other that long, but she felt the need to keep her close. It had only been a few nights since their first night together, but they had made the most of every one of them, and now that she was alone in her bed, she felt a huge emptiness. Maya Bishop, the one who deeply refused relationships, the one who believed monogamy was for the weak, was dying to have just one woman in her arms. Hell, they weren't even officially girlfriends and she missed her so much already, but they had agreed to take it slow, and she would keep her promise.