24.

- Maya, come and cuddle with me. Carina shouted from the couch. - Maya... Maya?

- I'm sorry, what? Exclaimed the blonde after a while coming out of the bubble she was in.

- I was asking you to cuddle with me. Said Carina with a little pout, extending her arms towards the blonde.

- Sorry, I was a little distracted and didn't hear you. Maya replied, getting up quickly to settle into Carina's arms, who immediately wrapped her joining their bodies together.

- Are you ok? Carina asked, tucking a strand of the blonde's hair behind her ear.

- Mhmmm. Murmured the blonde as she nodded her head.

- Really? Carina added noticing that Maya was distracted and distant.

Maya didn't want to lie to her, but she also didn't want to worry the Italian or invade her peace of mind with her stupid problems. Lately she didn't see as much of the Italian as she used to and she didn't want to ruin the time they shared together by talking about her problems.

- Yes, I've just been a bit preoccupied. Maya added without giving it much importance.

- Can I know about what? Carina whispered. - You know you can tell me anything, right? Carina added, noticing the blonde's insecurity.

- I know, it's just... I don't want to ruin the time we have together with my problems. Maya murmured shyly.

- You're not ruining anything Maya. I care about you and everything that happens with you matters to me. Added Carina playing gently with the blonde's hair.

- I care about you too, a lot. Added Maya.

- So, tell me. What's got you so worried? Carina asked.

- Mason. The blonde murmured, without looking up.

- Is he okay? Did you manage to talk to him? Carina knew how sensitive this topic was for Maya and how much she would need her support.

- No, that's the problem. It's been days and I haven't heard from him. Maya exclaimed, suddenly getting up from the couch. - What if he's hurt? What if he did something to him? It's all my stupid fault. I should go to my old house just to make sure he's okay. Rambled Maya as she paced madly around the room.

- No way! Don't say that again, you didn't do anything wrong, you just wanted to get away from your father's abuse and there's nothing wrong with that. Carina commented, approaching the blonde and taking her hands in hers.

- But I left him, I left him alone and then I got him in trouble. Maya started to ramble again.

- It's not your fault Maya, none of this is your fault. And don't even think I'm going to let you go to that house alone and meet Lane Bishop. We'll find him you'll see; we just have to be patient. Carina whispered wrapping her arms around Maya.

- You're the best person I know, you know that? Maya murmured with her head buried in the Italian's neck.

- Yes, I've been told that before. Said Carina causing Maya to let out a giggle. - Can we cuddle now?

- Of course, we can! Maya exclaimed, dragging Carina over to the couch and covering their bodies with a blanket.

The girls were enjoying the quietness of being together, Carina gently stroking the blonde's scalp while the sound of the movie they had put on was in the background, as neither of them were paying attention, more entertained in watching the eyes of the girl next to them.

- Honey, I'm home. A voice with a thick Italian accent was heard, interrupting the girls' peace.

Maya rolled her eyes and groaned, hiding her face in Carina's neck she murmured. - Why does she always have to interrupt us? Carina simply giggled, as she sat up on the couch.

- Were you two having sex? Gabriella asked, with a smirk as she walked into the living room and saw the girls.

- What? NO! Maya exclaimed quickly, her cheeks red as a tomato.

- Too bad, if I were you I'd always be on top of her. She added winking at Carina before turning around and heading to the kitchen.

Maya felt a strange feeling in her stomach again, while Carina just laughed at her friend's jokes.

After a while, Maya and Carina joined Gabriella in the kitchen. Maya sat on a kitchen stool, while Carina and Gabriella prepared a snack. Again, the conversation was about old memories of Gabriella and Carina and stories of how Gabriella always helped Carina prepare dinner because of the two DeLuca's unfortunately the one who had stolen the cooking skills was the boy.

- Are you going to dinner on Friday? Carina asked Gabriella, as they snacked.

- What dinner? Gabriella asked confused.

- You haven't invited her? Carina asked seriously, this time addressing Maya.

- Sorry, I thought Andrew had. Maya answered, in a certain part what she said was true, she hoped the boy would invite her, but on the other hand something inside her didn't want her to go, she missed being able to talk with Carina about other things that didn't revolve around Gabriella.

- Andrew and Maya are having a dinner party at their apartment on Friday, they invited some close friends. You know, there will be good food, drinks, music, it will be fun, and you can meet new people. Carina said.

- Free food and drinks, of course I'm going.