I

Y/n got on to the ground floor and started running to The Great Hall, she was going to be late and that wouldn't be the greatest first impression to start off her first day., she was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn't the man coming around the corner.

You fell back on the floor and looked up to see a dark haired man dressed in full black, looking down at you., "you should watch where you're going, Miss"., "Y/n L/n, sir"., he rolled his eyes and sighed., "I didn't ask for your name, Miss Y/n".

"Uh, sorry sir"., while you looked at the ground, looking everywhere but him, he started to observe you for a moment, watching everything you're doing and it brought the smallest of smiles to his face., but as quickly as it came it went away, straight away.

He bit the inside of his cheek, cleared his throat and held out his hand., "come on, get up, I don't have all day"., you brought up your hand and gently placed it in his., he pulled you up and immediately caught each other's gaze, you do have to admit he is gorgeous.

He again, cleared his throat, pulled away from you and continued his strut to the hall. Y/n waited a few seconds and walked into The Great Hall, extremely nervous. She was immediately greeted by a happy atmosphere, putting her at ease.

Despite her anxiety brimming to the top, it was her first time here and she was incredibly excited to be at Hogwarts. Her parents sent her to Beauxbatons even though she specifically told them she wanted to go to Hogwarts.

"Hello dear, I'm Sybill Trelawney, what's your name?"., Y/n jumped a little., "oh sorry dear, did I startle you?"., she looked at you worriedly and put her hand on your shoulder., "uh, it's okay, hello ma'am, I'm Y/n L/n"., "oh dear, you're a teacher like me, you may call me Sybill".

She smiled and patted your shoulder., "so I believe you're the new Charms Professor?"., "yes I am"., "I don't believe I taught you, did you go here?"., "uh, no but my parents sent me to Beauxbatons, I wanted to go here, because it was closer but my parents...uh, thought that they would send me there instead".

"Well we are glad to finally have you here"., she sent a warm smile your way and you returned it., "thankyou, I'm glad to finally be here".,"thankyou ma'am, uh sorry, Sybill"., they got to the Professor's table and sat down, she sat down between a big, tall man and the headmaster".

Y/n sat down, on her left side was a man with dark brown hair and glasses and on her right side was the handsome and intriguing man dressed in full black, the one you ran into earlier, literally., you felt a tap on your shoulder so you turned to the side and smiled., "hello, you must be the new Charms Professor, I'm Talon Raven, the Alchemy Professor ".

Y/n smiled and Talon held out his hand., "it is pleasure to meet you, what's your name?"., you shook his hand and smiled again., "Y/n L/n, it's nice to meet you too"., you thought it would be good to get to know as many people as possible and make friends so you turned to the man on your left and smiled when you saw him reading.

He seems like he needs a friend

"Hello, sir, I don't believe I got your name in the corridor?". He scowled at you but as soon as he saw your sweet smile his angry glare went away and let out frustrated sigh., he looked away from you, put his book down and motioned you to look at it., "in case you haven't noticed, I'm trying to read a book and I would like to do it in peace".

You looked at his book and looked back at him., "oh okay, m-maybe another time?"., "or not"., he picked his book back up and opened it, not bothering to talk to you anymore., you narrowed your eyes and furrowed your eyebrows.

What a snarky git

Severus read your thoughts and started tapping his fingers on the wooden table., he shot you an annoyed look, clenched his jaw and shook his head.