XIX

The train came to a stop, you looked out the window and smiled, closing your book and standing up. You opened the carriage door and started walking towards the train door to get outside.

Once you got your bags you started to manoeuvre through the crowd of excited parents., "have a good holiday Professor L/n!"., you looked back to see Mr Frederick, waving at you., you smiled and waved back., "you too, Mr Frederick".

You got through the crowd and sighed in relief, you looked up and saw your apartment in the distance, even though you enjoyed Hogwarts you were incredibly excited to be home. You walked through the door and were greeted by the door man and his door.

You smiled, leaned down, put one of your bags down and patted Golden Retriever., "hello, Baxter"., he licked your hand, you stood up and waved at the doorman., "hello, Mr Harrison"., "hello, dear, how was your trip to America?"., you smiled and nodded.

"It was great"., you didn't like lying to people but it was necessary, Mr Harrison is a muggle, no witch or wizard is allowed to reveal the Wizarding World to muggle/s., you looked around the lobby for the handyman but couldn't find him anywhere.

"Could you get Ernie to turn on the power for my apartment"., "of course I'll send him to the power box right away"., you smiled and waved., "thankyou Mr Harrison, bye Baxter"., the Golden Retriever barked and you made your way over to the elevator., once it opened you walked in and pressed button four.

You arrived on the fourth floor and walked out of it, coming face to face with Mr and Mrs Wilson, the deaf, eldery couple that live in 4B., you smiled and waved at them., you picked up your bags, stepped out of the elevator and started walking to 4A, your apartment.

You placed your bags on the ground and opened them looking for the keys. After a few minutes of looking you sighed in frustration., "Merlin's Beard, where are my keys?"., you muttered in an annoyed tone.

You closed your bags, looked down the halls and made sure nobody was there before you grabbed out your wand from your side., you took another quick glance down each side of the hallway and pointed your wand at your lock.

"Alohomora"., you whispered., the door unlocked, you put your wand back in your side, pushed your bags inside, walked in and shut the door., you turned lights on, lighting the room up., you sighed in content and lugged your bags to your room.

Their wasn't much to your room., a bed situated against the wall in the middle with a red bedspread and white pillows, a desk in the corner of the room and a cabinet in the other corner with a set of drawers next to it.

An acoustic guitar leaning against your desk and a smaller shelf nailed into the wall with CDs and your CD player., you placed your bags on your bed and opened them., you grabbed your wand and pointed it towards your clothes., "accio keys".

Your keys popped up, you caught them and placed them your table, on them contains your keys to your house and your beige Nissan Figaro., you put your wand down as well and started your clothes, putting the dirty clothes in the washing machine and the clean ones back in your cabinet and drawers.

You put some washing detergent in the machine and turned the buttons., as the washing machine started doing it's cycle you walked out of the laundry room and looked at the clock., "almost 6pm, I should get to the shopping centre".

You walked back into your room, put your wand in your side, grabbed your keys and started heading down to the garage where your car was. As soon as you got down to the garage you squealed in excitement, you love driving and you love your car.

You got in and your hand instantly went to the radio and turned it on., you smiled and immediately recognised the intro to the song., "I love this song "., you turned it up, closed the door, put the window down and started singing along with the music as you drove out of the garage.

~ She's a good girl, loves her mama loves Jesus and America, too. She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis, loves horses and her boyfriend, too. And it's a long day livin' in Reseda, there's a freeway runnin' through the yard, and I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't even miss her, I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart.

And I'm free, free fallin', yeah I'm free, free fallin'. All the vampires walkin' through the valley
move west down Ventura Boulevard. And all the bad boys are standing in the shadows, and the good girls are home with broken hearts. And I'm free, free fallin', Yeah I'm free, free fallin', free fallin', now I'm free fallin'. Now I'm free fallin', now I'm free fallin'. ~

As the song continued you tapped your fingers on the steering wheel and came to a stop as you were at the traffic lights., you felt a pair of eyes on you so you looked to the side and saw a man, not to much older than you, eyeing what he could see of you.

To reject his lingering eyes you rolled up your window and looked at the traffic lights, impatiently waiting for it to turn green., your wish was granted and you drove off listening to next song that came on, not really in the mood for singing anymore.

-

You parked your car as you arrived at the shopping centre., you hid you wand, got out, locked the door and started heading inside. As soon as you stepped foot inside your anxiety started creeping up on you, you weren't much of a social person so putting yourself in a place where you would have to communicate made you feel uncomfortable and unwell.

The bright side of this is you knew what you wanted to get so you would be out of here as quick as possible.

Eggs, milk, bread, beef burger patties, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, tomato sauce, buns, cereal, toilet paper and maybe some fresh fruit.

As time went by you had basically collected everything you needed except the fruit so you started to make your way over there, enjoying the song on the radio., you came to an abrupt stop when you saw two of the three people who make your life a living hell - your parents.

Shit, shit, shit

You turned away and started heading to the counter., you were almost certain they didn't see you but that all went away when felt a hand on your shoulder, startling you., you turned around and forced a smile when you saw it was your mother's., "hello mother, father".

"Hello pumpkin, I didn't realise you were back from your trip"., "yes I just got back today., he nodded and smiled., "well now that we know you're back how about myself, your mother and Finley pay you a little visit"., his tone was friendly but you could see the evil in that asshole's eyes.

You forced another smile and nodded., "I...I look forward to it"., they shot you another smile and walked away., fear creeped up on you and tears brimmed your eyes., your hands started shake., you knew you just couldn't go back to Hogwarts because they will just make it worse the next time they see you.

Over 1k reads, thankyou so much! 💕

Edited - I just changed there font of the song