XXVII

Christmas Day - Short Chapter

Not surprising, you woke up before Severus., you looked at him and smiled, he looked so peaceful., you brought your hand to his cheek and started gently caressing his face, admiring his beautiful features.

After a few moments you decided it was best if you leave him be., you placed your lips against his forehead, kissing it gently and getting up. As soon as your back was turned a little smile appeared on his face., you walked over to your window, opening the silk, black curtains.

Usually the morning sun would shine through but it was quite dark for the time in the morning and it was snowing, moderately. You sat down on the chair beside the window and looked out the window for a moment watching the snow fall., you absolutely love snow.

After a few minutes went past, you got up and started walking over to the kitchen, passing the presents on the way., and you stopped to look at them., you looked at Severus and saw he was still "sleeping" peacefully.

You started to grow more and more impatient and every second and started to consider waking up but if you've learned one thing over the four months you've dated him, it's that you shouldn't wake him up when he's sleeping.

You let out a sigh and walked into the kitchen, preparing two cups of hot chocolate. Once again he smiled and got up as quietly as possible, sneaking up before you. He wrapped his arms around your waist, startling you a little.

He leaned his down and kissed your temple., "Happy Christmas, love"., "Happy Christmas, Sev"., "what are you making?"., "hot chocolate, do you want some?"., "yes please. I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be right back".

He let go of your waist, the warmth went away and you couldn't help but frown., A few moments later he came out of the bathroom as you were walking over to the coffee table, placing down the cups.

"Alright, I suppose I've kept you waiting long enough, let's open the presents love"., you clapped your hands excitedly and sat down near the tree, beside the presents., you really wanted to open yours but you couldn't wait to see the look on his face when he sees what you got him.

"Severus, I want you to open yours first"., "hm, alright"., you moved over a little bit and patted the spot next to you., he cocked an eyebrow., "Y/n. Do you really expect me to sit on the floor?"., "yes Sev, it won't hurt you".

He looked down at the present and sat down., you rolled your eyes and he once again cocked an eyebrow., "don't think I didn't see that, love"., your eyes widened and without waiting for you to reply he pulled the first present onto his lap, untying the the bow and ripping it open.

He wasn't showing it on the outside, but he is extremely excited, his heart is filled in with love and happiness., he got a glimpse of the present and his heart warmed., "you...you got me a record player?"., "well, yours was broken and I know how attached you were to your other one, so I got you one that looks like your old one".

He sighed in content, smiled, picked up the other present and repeated his actions., "At Last and Soulful Strut".,  "these are some good songs and I thought you would enjoy them too"., he looked at you and smiled again.

He placed his presents to the side and picked up yours, leaning forward and placing them on your lap. He grabbed chin with his thumb and finger and lifted your chin up to meet his gaze., "thankyou, love"., he pecked your lips, lovingly and sat back down.

"I hope you like them"., you untied the bow, ripped open the red wrapping paper and gasped in excitement., "oh my gosh Sev, it's so beautiful!"., as you ran your hand over the beautiful design of the astronomy book he stared at you, smiling at your reaction and admiring you.

You carefully placed down the book and picked up the unwrapped present., as soon as you unwrapped you saw the newest telescope to date., you squealed in excitement and clapped your hands excitedly., "thankyou, thankyou thankyou!".

He chuckled softly and started speaking: "I know how much you love Astronomy so I thought you would get it for you"., you placed the telescope beside you, launched yourself over and wrapped your arms around him.