1 month 3 weeks 3 days

Ronan had spent two days tracking down the agents movements and location, while I stayed in going through the senators calendar (given by anonymous ) most of his plans were public not giving us much of an advantage but I had the perfect location to end it all. now all I needed was Ronan's approval.

just the thought of asking him to carry this out made me want to cut my tongue out. And I'd done enough of that to know it wasn't nice. plus messy.

An hour later Ronan entered the hotel room slamming the door shut "someone's got there panties in a twist" I muttered under my breath, looking down at the iPad shopping online out of pure boredom.

"shut up" he stormed towards the living slouched on the couch covered in...blood?

"why are you covered in blood?" I rose my brow.

" newsflash lamb, its part of the job." he stayed silent "two men tried to rob this woman in an ally way" he sighed leaning his head back. I saw his throat bob.

"and you killed them?" i asked.

he stayed silent for a moment as if he was remembering something that made him zone out completely.

he turned his head to face me, still resting on the edge "no" he whispered.

"Oh" I said sitting up straight. "How about you go take a shower and I'll talk about the new plan later?"

He let out an airy laugh, still staring at me. "Sure" he finally got up heading towards his room.

***
Moments later Ronan returned wearing grey sweatpants and a white top, his hair still damp coving his eyes.

I wanted to move those hairs on his eyes making me recoil at the idea. Spending time with him was driving me crazy I suppose.

"So what's the plan" he said sitting next to me, for some reason causing a strange feeling in me but I brushed it off concentrating on the task.

"In three weeks time there's going to be a charity ball for whatever charity the rich decide to donate too. The senator would obviously need to attend and that's when we should strike" I finished.

He said nothing at first sitting there in silence his face concentrated " how do you mean?" He finally spoke.

It took me by surprise, I thought he would have shut down the idea. " I was thinking of luring him into one of the hotel rooms they are holding it in. There's a building next door, I'll book a room next to that building where you could set up your sniper and take him out."

"Giving me the honours are we?" He sounded delighted. I rolled my eyes.

What he didn't know was I had the hardest task. I couldn't be alone with a man never mind a stranger in the same room. The thought was driving me mad, but I knew the pay check was good it was enough to look after my mother and myself.

"Whatever" I muttered, the door bell rang and I turned to face Ronan "your turn to pay"

"I always pay"

"And what a gentleman you are" giving him a too wide grin.

"Your unbelievable" he scowled getting up to get the door.

***
The next morning we headed to a local sporting event where the senator was the star guest and awarded the winners.

It was summer so I opted for a short blonde wig and left my eyes. I wore a light blue puff sleeved midi dress with small dandelions, white sandals and A huge sun hat to cover my face from the sun.

When I left the room Ronan stood near the door looking handsome like always that sometimes got me wondering he should have been a model instead.

Wasted potential I suppose.

He wore sand coloured khakis the a white short sleeved bottomed top.

He kept his hair the same colour but changed his eye colour into a dark blue.

He stood their for a moment his eyes travelling up and down my body giving me goosebumps. What was his problem?

"You ready" I said sounding bored.

He nodded opening the door, waiting me to walk out first. Weird. He'd normally shut the door on my face or start walking without me hoping I would catch up.

We entered the elevator "are you ill?" I said creasing me brows.

He stood there with his hands in his pockets facing the elevator door "completely fine" he answered.

"Then stop acting weird"
***
We arrived at the massive grass area where they were holding the event. People from all ages attended, wondering near food stalls there was even a fair at the far end away from the tracks.

I squealed in excitement when I noticed the carousel making Ronan turn around. He slumped his shoulders when he realised It was me.

"What was that" he frowned.

"Nothing" I bit my lip embarrassed. I noticed his eyes trail towards my lips and instantly released my lips from my teeth.

He cleared his throat turning around to head towards the podium where photographers and reporters stood snapping photos and interviewing people.

We tried as best as possible to avoid them, dodging them every time one came near us.

We sat near the tracks so we still had an eye on the senator and the agent.

His agent began walking around his eyes narrowed at anyone who looked at the man he was protecting.

We pretended to act like a couple to make us less suspicious, acting like we were completely in love.

From time to time Ronan would stroke my arm, sending shivers down my spine or he would pretend to whisper sweet nothings into my ear making me tickle.

In those moments I felt like a normal girl. A girl who had a normal job, wanted to meet the perfect man and fall in love. Maybe raise a family and a cat, but the sound of the senators voice snapped me back into reality and I was sitting next to the man who hated me.