Goodbye

It had been a week since Ronan's and Sebastians death and today was the day we were going to bury them.

I hadn't returned home in those few days, afraid to find his stuff laying around my Room and the smell of him sticking to each surface.

I stayed in one of the rooms I was offered until I was ready to go back, but I don't know if I'll ever be.

Looking in the mirror, I saw someone I didn't recognise. The woman in from of me no longer had plump pink cheeks or golden skin sprinkled with brown spots. Her hair was no longer lively and her eyes no longer filled with colour.

What I saw in front of me was a woman with hollowed out cheeks and pale ash skin, her eyes were grey with eye bags drooping underneath.

I wore a black dress with mesh on top that reached to my knees pairing it with black stilettos and glasses that rested the top of my head.

"Kiera" a gentle knock tapped on the door. A small figure appeared hiding between the frame.

"I was just checking if you needed help" Leah smiled but it was covered with sadness.

"I'm perfectly capable" I returned the look "but thank you"

She nodded "we're waiting for you"

"Lead the way" I instructed her as I followed behind her into the open space.

The air was glum, nothing but drained faces hanged on each body. For which of the two that died? Who knew.

They all rose there heads the moment they spotted me. Some glowered with hatred while others red with teary eyes. All this because of me.

"Before we leave I want to say something" I cleared my throat making sure it was heard by everyone.

"I know what I have done has left all of you confused and questioning a lot and I understand that"

"I not only have one but two lives on my hand which is ironic really since we do it for a living" a pause.

"I'm not expecting anything from you at all. You don't owe me your trust or respect. You owe me nothing. I understand that some of you were here to pay a debt to Sebastian like me. I want you to know now that you no longer have your debt accountable for and have every right to leave out that door"

The room still remained silent, no one spoke or muttered even breathed by the quietness that echoed. I was hoping for something but not this.

"Feel free to leave now if you want"

No one moved.

"Did you hear what I said" I announced to everyone whilst they remained in their places unmoving.

"We heard you clear" a man commented.

"Right" I said confused "like I said you have a choice in this" they all nodded in unison preparing for another order.

"I also want to say in a weeks time I'm putting new rules in place so if you have suggestions find me and we can sort something out".

I nodded to myself this time, releasing the anxiety that was built up inside of me.

Moving past them, I made my way to the cemetery. Everyone trailed behind me with Ronan's and Sebastians casket.

We walked the whole way there. A way of showing honour to the fallen. Their was only one person I would honour, the other didn't deserve it.

Eventually arriving, we scattered around the two holes dug on the ground, they placed them on a machine on top to help them down.

A bunch of white flowers over flowed in one of the baskets someone was carrying, she handed them arrive to everyone making sure no one was left.

One by one everyone placed a flower on top of Ronan's casket saying farewell to him and what they meant to him, because he meant a lot to some of these people, even if I didn't know them I knew they had their own story with him.

A girl who looked no older than 17 emerged from the crowd, a spitting image of Ronan that it took all the strength in me not to fall on the floor.

"Who is she?" I whispered to Leah who stared at the girl.

"His sister" she murmured.

He had a sister? I couldn't believe I didn't know. I knew he needed the money to protect a family member, but I knew knew it was for his sister.

Tears began blooming in my eyes. He's gone now, she no longer had someone to provide for her or keep her safe.

More guilt piled on top.

She walked away, standing behind everyone as she watched from the distance.

It was my turn to place a flower on top, but instead I grabbed another one placing it with the rest then moved to his sister.

She looked down her hair covering her swollen eyes. She looked up as I approached her face puffy with sadness that I couldn't stop swallowing the lumps that formed in my throat.

I reached out my hand giving her the white rose "I'm sorry" I chocked, my knees giving in.

I lowered my head allowing the tears to run down my face. I deserved this after all, it was all my fault.

She bent down wrapping her thin arms around me "it's alright" she hiccuped. "Please get up"

She stood up giving me her hand and I took it, pulling her into a tight hug "please forgive me"

"You're forgiven, he wouldn't have wanted to me to hold this against any one" she gently pushed me away staring at my face.

"You're Kiera" she said as I matter of fact.

I nodded wiping away my tears, I wouldn't hide my emotions any longer.

"He told me a lot about you" she smiled.

A let out a small laugh, turning to find everyone leaving after saying their goodbyes to each man.

I returned my gaze back to her.

"My names Elizabeth, lizzy for short" informing me.

"Lizzy" I grinned my puffy eyes making it hard to see"

"I'm Kiera,want a job?"