Are you ready?

I woke up to the ray of sun that shined threw my room, I turned trying to hide from the light but failed.

Opening my eyes, I remembered sleeping with Roman, but he was no longer in bed.

I brushed his absence off, knowing he'd be doing some sort of planning or whatever it is he does when he leaves in the morning.

My mind trailed back to yesterday as I made my bed. The way Ronan had held me and assured me step by step made my heart swell, but I ignored the feeling.

We were doing this for both of us and would only last until the end of the Holiday which was now less than a month away so forming any sort of attachment would be pointless I debated in my mind.

Tomorrow we would finally execute our plan, so I needed to make sure everything was right, one wrong move and we were done.

I grabbed the hotels blue prints from the cupboard inside my room and sat myself down on the floor spreading out the sheet.

The sound of a click came from mu door and my heart began picking up.

It's only Ronan I repeated in my head only to cause butterflies to dance at the pit of my stomach.

"I bought you food" I jolted to the sound of him near me.

"Thanks" I muttered under my breath.

He was covered head to toe in black. a black t-shirt accentuating his arms, paired with black cargos and boots.

Taking off his boots he came to sit in front of the blue print, the smell of eggs and bacon hitting my nostrils.

"What's all this?" Ronan said scanning my markings.

"The ones in blue are where security cameras are placed, I've also marked the blind spots we could stay in avoiding the cameras."

" I've also marked all the possible areas I could lure the senator away without being spotted, I picked out a room that has the least amount of cameras so when I make my leave they wouldn't know what room I was in when it time to check CCTV.

"Hmmmm" he said while taking out two breakfast wraps and a chocolate bar handing them over. "But how will you reach the senator" arching a brow.

"Have you seen me?" Gesturing up and down at my body.

He rolled his eyes.

" I don't think it's wise for you to go in that hotel room alone" he face changing into concern.

"Don't worry" I said giving him a reassuring smile. " I'll stop it if it gets far".

"I'm not sure about this"

" I'm doing it" I clipped.

We stared at each other for a long moment as If nothing had happened between us yesterday and this was normal.

"Just.... make sure you kill him fast enough" looking down at the prints.

I felt Ronans fingers graze my chin raising my head to meet this emerald stare.

"I promise" he said sincerely.

I swatted his hand away "good, now there's just a few more things that need adding".

****
I stood in the mirror like I had always done these past few weeks, staring at my naked body. Tracing my scars with my fingertips.

Some of them lay visible, I could feel the bumps and see the bruises on my stomach, thighs and arms. While others ran deeper more awful but easier to hide.

I took a deep breathe and walked towards my wardrobe, taking out the bag with my dress inside.

When I finished getting ready I looked in the mirror and found a completely different person in front of me. She was so different from the naked woman that stood in front of the mirror an hour ago.

The woman that stood in front of her now screamed confidence. She wore a long ruby red dress that stopped at her ankle, two spaghetti straps held the dress and when she turned around the back was bare except for the little white scars. She wore gold stilettos that matched the simple necklace she wore around her neck.

Her mid length hair was curled making it look shorter then it is and wore a bold red lipstick that matched her winged eyeliner and mascara.

Taking a deep breathe, I walked out my room giving it one more look before locking my door.

Ronan stood by the door his back faced to me but when he heard my heels coming closer, he turned around.

He wore a black tuxedo that fit perfectly on his body, his hair was parted and slicked back revealing more of his beautiful face.

Taking careful steps he moved towards me, I could feel my heart leap from my chest at the way he moved.

Towering over me, a small frown appeared on his face and the smile fell.

"What" I said furrowing my brows together

His emerald stare met mine "let's just stay here instead" he said as he eyes moved around my face.

"What, why" my voice growing concerned.

He sighed through his noise " I don't want any other man to see what I'm seeing right now"

" your confusing me Ronan, did you hit your head?" I said giving him a questionable look.

"You look like a fucking goddess Kiera"

"That's a good thing"

"Not for me" he whispered.

I grabbed the open of his blazer "I suppose you brush of nicely" patting it down.

"Thanks" he smiled.

He lifted my head to meet his lips " I want to try something later" he whispered into them.

My eyes grew wider, but shortly after returned back to normal .

"ok" I barely let out.

He leaned forward but before our lips met, I placed a finger above his.

"I don't want to ruin my lipstick".

He released a deep chuckle, sending it straight down to my core.

"We wouldn't want that now" he smiled with his eyes.

"No we wouldn't" I returned the smile.
****

30 minutes later we arrived at the hotel.

It was filled with all sorts of people, rich snobs that were likely there to make high bids to to prove how much money they have, politicians that made an appearance to show they care about whatever charity this was and others who probably came to get laid tonight.

Ronan lifted his arm and I wrapped mine around his linking them together.

"Are you ready" he leaned into my ear.

I turned around to face him "always".