Care

One week 4 days later*

Ronan never left my side or my apartment. After a few days of his stay he decided he should bring more of his items into my home.

I didn't protest at all. I missed living with him, even if he was barely in while we stayed together for the couple of weeks, he was constantly around me, constantly there when I needed him.

Ever night he would sleep with me, always touching, kissing me until we fell asleep in each others arms. We hadn't taken it a step further. The small wariness inside of me still glowed low inside of me.

I wanted to do it. I wanted to have sex with him and share every part of it together, but I couldn't put myself up to do and I felt slightly ashamed and I shouldn't, I have every right not to feel that way, yet it still lingers.

"Why don't we leave Sebastian" I thought about this while we lay on couch skipping through channels.

"And do what" he snorted biting down on the nuts in his hand. "Become accountants?"

"No I hate math" grinning at him.

"Really?" Ronan's brown rose. "Who would have thought".

Silence closed in on us both, the sound of the television playing in the background the only thing audible.

"Yes" Ronan said without batting his eyes " I think we should".

Just as I was about to respond my phone pinged. I reached for it on the coffee table. The name unknown illuminating from the screen.

Unknown: I'm back dear.

My fingers paused on the phone, unable to move them. I had completely forgotten about unknown and the pure reason Ronan was staying here.

"What's the matter" Ronan sat up as his eyes focused on me.

"It's him" I whispered, my voice coming out shaken with fear.

I felt more than I saw Ronan's body stiffen once those two words left my mouth, clouding the room with gloom.

"What does it say?" He questioned.

I shrugged and began texting.

Kiera: what do you want.

Unknown: tick tock. Be here tomorrow.

Kiera: what?! You said two weeks. I have 3 days left.

Unknown: change of plans.

Kiera: you can't do that.

Unknown: oh but I can or I'm heading straight to your mother. My dear you won't win this.

Unknown: 50k and you don't forget. I'll see you there.

Kiera: no

They stopped replaying.

I could feel the tremble in my fingertips. The pure terror that consumed me. "FUCK" I yelled throwing my phone on the couch.

Ronan picked it up to read. I watched as his eyes turn with rage "you never told me it was you who was supposed to deliver the money".

"Would it matter, I'm in deep shit"

"Of course it matter Kiera" he stood up "something could happen"

I scoffed "well no shit Ronan why do you think they're doing this?"

"I'll do it, I'll send the money"

"I don't need you shielding me like a small puppy. I let you into this I could easily leave you out". I stood to meet his level.

Shit if he wasn't tall.

"Kiera" his teeth ground "don't do it"

"Don't act like you care all of sudden".

I didn't want to admit it, but Ronan has never cared for me or anyone. His change scares me, the way he used to act and the way he treats me now feel like two complete strangers.

There's always that small itch that he'd change back to his cold self. Returning his scowls.

"OF COURSE I CARE FOR YOU" his voice rose.

"BULLSHIT RONAN. Are you doing this because you feel sorry for me, because you feel now that you've learnt about my past that this is a way to clear it off your conscious"

"No why-"

"THEN WHAT IT IS. IM TIRED OF THINKING IF I BLINK AN EYE YOU'D TREAT ME LIKE SHIT"

"Kiera"

"NO LISTEN-"

"ITS BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU"

My body sagged all together. My mind couldn't believe what was being said.

"What" I could barely let out.

"I don't know" he slumped on the couch "ever since we returned, fuck that. Ever since we spent that night at the fair. I couldn't stop what I felt every time you walked into a fucking room"

" don't" I whispered.

"Don't what huh. Tell you that the slight thought of you lights something inside of me? That your voice is the cure for my headaches? That the mere sight of you feels like all the universes caving in? Because that's exactly how I feel"

A tear flowed down my cheek " why?"

A slight grin Caressed his face " because you're a goddess trapped inside a human body. You do things for the good of others, sure you're killing someone"

A small laugh escaped.

"But you do it your way, because that's who you are and-"

I wouldn't let him finished, I straddled his lap without giving him time to process and kissed his lips.