5 minutes

We made our way towards the crowd, avoiding the dancing partners that swirled around to the music, or the groups of people that gossiped huddled together.

We kept at a corner, a blind spot where no cameras were seen. Observing everyone in the room, looking for our target.

"Did you take care of the agent" I whispered to Ronan, still staring at the scene in front of me.

He cleared his throat " I took care of it this morning"

"Please tell me you didn't kill him" groaning inwardly.

"No, I knocked him out long enough. He wouldn't wake till tomorrow"

I let out a relief sigh. I wouldn't know how to feel if a man that has done nothing wrong, well nothing that I know of, died because he got in the way. It wouldn't feel right.

" look" Ronan tapped my side " he's here"

I turned to look at his direction and spotted the senator walking inside, an entourage swarming his side.

"I think it's time for a dance, don't you Ronan" I didn't give him time to decide, grabbing his arm, I moved towards the senator, trying to keep an eye out for him while acting natural.

I pulled Ronan towards me until our bodies flushed together, raising one arm a placed it around my waist while taking the other one in my hand.

I looked up and saw his tense gaze look at me.

"What?" I said urging him to move.

"You really are a weird one" he lip twitched as he began moving.

My gaze always on the senator, as he spoke to the people around him.

"You're acting like I forced you to dance, relax" Ronan whispered.

"Nows really not the time for relaxing" my eyes scanning the room.

"Kiera, this dance will last three minutes, enjoy it". The pad of his thumb stroked my back.

"Fine" I muttered. " three minutes, that's all"

He began picking up the pace, our eyes met as he twirled me around, a smile appearing on his face every time I looked at him, the stress slowly easing from my body.

The song started slowing down and so did we, we moved to the rhythm, our body doing the work as we admired each other. I noticed he had small scabs below his jaw, hidden from the stubble on his chin he had grown the past few weeks.

Something leaped inside me, something that had been forgotten in a longtime. I didn't know if I liked this feeling or not. I didn't know if I like this feeling because of him.

I Pushed that feeling deep down into a pit where no one could find it, yet it would appear every time his eyes glistened or he smiled for me.

The music began slowing down and we found ourselves stuck in the centre.

" the song has finished" I whispered, scared that if I spoke loud enough he would return to hating me.

"Yes" he said loosening his grip.

We took a step back from each other, watching as our chest rose and fell. I wanted to remember this small moment.

But that was easily interrupted when the senator walked behind Ronan.

" I've got to go" I nodded towards him.