Chapter 1

"Bones, come on, open up!" I say loudly into my partners door.
"It's open!" I hear back, and I twist the knob to let myself in.
I hear a shower water coming to a stop, and a lovely voice coming from the direction of the bathroom.
"Bones?" I ask. "Is that you singing?"
"Oh my gods, Booth! Stay in the kitchen please! I just got out of the shower!" The auburn-y brunette says.
"Sure Bones." I say, turning around and walking into the kitchen.
I hear little feet pad up behind me.
"Daddy?"
I turn and my little Cristine is looking up at me.
"Cristine! You've gotten to grown up! Where has the time gone?" I exclaim.
"Silly daddy. Time is a human made concept based on the Suns position in relativity to the earth. It hasn't gone anywhere!" Cristine says.
"Did Mommy tell you that?" I ask.
"Yep. She also told me to ask you where you've been, Daddy."
"I had some business in Virginia, it had to do with a new case. I'm came to get Mommy to talk about it." I explain.
"Then why were you gone for so long Daddy?" Cristine asks.
"Booth, Cristine, what are you two intellectuals talking about in here?" Bones asks, walking in. Her hair in a towel and a bathrobe wrapped around her body.
"We were just discussing-" I was cut of by my daughter.
"We were talking about how time is a man made concept and why Daddy was gone for so long in Virginia." Cristine said.
"Well, Booth sweetie, you said something about a new case?"
"Uh yeah. A teenager in Virginia was reported missing three days ago by her parents." I said.
"And why did it get pushed to us?"
"Because we're the best." I say. Then look up at Bones and see her giving me the silent death stare. "Oh. Her parents are cousins to the English crown. They asked for the best in America, and here we are. I had to talk to the local police, her parents, and some friends. A couple of hikers found a body near where the girl and her friends liked to camp." I explain.
"Alrighty. Cristine, do you want to come, or go to the lab with Dr Hodgins and Ms Angela?" I ask her.
"I wanna come Mommy. I wanna help!" Cristine says, very enthusiastically. Just like her mother.
"Alright, ladies first, Miss Cristine, would you like a piggy back to the car?"
Cristine nods as she climbs up into my back from the couch.
"Let's go Daddy! Mommy, can you bring some food? I think I's gonna get hungry."
"Of course baby." Bones says, reaching over to grab some food from a cabinet.
She pauses. "How about you guys go downstairs to the car, and I'll meet you there? I just have to do something quickly." Bones says, as she walks over, give me the food and walks to the bathroom. I hear her throwing up, but I have Cristine, so I go to the car.
I pull out my phone and text Bones.
•hey bones, are you okay babe? What's wrong?•
•I need to tell you something. But later. When we don't have Cristine. Can we drop her with Hodgins and Angela instead of her coming with us today?•
I text back immediately •of course babe. Anything. •
I put my phone back in my pocket and turn to Cristine.
"Okay, slight change of plans baby. So instead of you coming with us today, you're going to help Angela and Jack today in the lab, okay? I'm sure Angela has coloring things for you to do. Mommy and I have a lot to discuss about this case on the way there." I tell her, telling a white lie.
"Aww. But Daddy!" Cristine whines.
"You can come on the next case. I promise you. Okay?" I tell my beautiful daughter.
"Fine. But only if you pinky promise me, Daddy. "
"I pinky promise. " And reach back to give her my pinky.
"Daddy, where's Mommy?"
"I don't know. I'll call her. "
Ring ring ring ring ring
"Brennan. "
"Bones sweetie, when are you coming to the car? Cristine is asking where you are." I tell my partner, and girlfriend.
"Booth, I'm sick. But I can still come. I'll be totally fine in ten minutes. I'll come down now. " Bones promises.
"Okay love. See you in a few." I say, hanging up.
"Mommy will be right down, Cristine." I tell her, looking through the rearview mirror.
"Okay. I love you, Daddy."
"I love you too, Cristine." I say. "Oh look, here's Mommy now." I say, pointing out the woman waking toward us, her hair to her collar bone in soft waves, softening her sharp jaw and piercing eyes, which just happened to be stunning as well.