Cristine's fever

"Mommy! Daddy! I don't feel well." I say, promptly throwing up.
"Aww honey. Come here. Daddy and I are going to take you to the doctors and they are going to make you all better. Okay?" The tall woman says, who is my mom.
I nod in response.
She picks me up and I lay me forehead down on her shoulder, and she talks in whispers to Daddy as they walk down to the car and drive. I'm too tired to listen to what they are saying. I'm almost all asleep when I get picked up and I feel the crisp fall air on my face and skin, and then I can smell the sterile smell of a hospital.
After that, I don't remember.

I feel more awake and move around a little bit. I feel a plastic tube around my face and tubes in my arm and hand.
A nurse walk in, adjusts the plastic bag on the metal hanger and looks at the screen as it makes even beeps.

Later, a doctor wearing pink scrubs and blond hair comes in.
"Hi ms Cristine, I'm your doctor, Allison Gates. Can you tell me what hurts?" The lady says.
"I have a headache and my abdomen hurts. It's more of small jabs of sharp pain rather than a constant pain." I say, smartly. I'm not stupid. Just a child.
She blinks in surprise.
"Okay. I'll get a nurse to give you some low painkillers." Dr Gates says.
"Thank you Dr Gates. You know, my mom is a doctor too. Not a medical doctor though." I say.
"Who's your mom?" Dr Gates says.
"Dr Temperance Brennan, of the Jeffersonian. Duh. And my dad is an FBI agent. I'm pretty special. And also probably either a child prodigy or a genius. Or both. I don't know. But I'm tired. Dr Gates, can I have some jello and take a rest?" I ask.
"Of course. I'll have a nurse get you the jello." She says and finishes filling out the chart and walks out of my room.

*hello! Sorry for not updating!!!! I've been super busy! I hope you like the update!