21

A tech team comes and takes everything back to the Jeffersonian.  

"Bones, are you going to call Max to make sure he wasn't a part of this?"  Booth asks as he gets into the driver side of the car.  

I pull out my phone and look in my contacts for Max Keenan.  

"Dad?  Can you come into the lab with Cristine and Monica please?  We have to ask you a few questions."  I say slowly into the phone.  

"Sure Tempe.  What about?"  Max asks.  

"About a case that we just started.  I'll explain more later when you come in."  I say.  

"Sure.  I can be there in the next 20 minutes."  Max says.  

"Good.  I will be in the Bone room.  Booth will be in my office."  I say hanging up and resting my elbow against the car door and sigh.  

"What's up, Bones?"  Booth asks.  

"Nothing.  Just Max.  He seemed nervous when I was just talking to him.  I wonder why.  Also, Monica was crying and Cristine was making a lot of noise.  I don't like that combination.  That means that Max isn't the kind of babysitter that we need.  We need to interview new babysitters."  I say, looking down at my phone, which just vibrated.  

Parker: Bones, can i come live with you and dad?  my mom is getting married and im not a big fan of the new guy.  plz let me come!

"Booth, Parker just texted me."  And I read the text aloud.  

"Bones, of course he can come to live with us!  I'd love that!"  Booth says, clearly getting excited about Parker coming.

I text him back.

Temperance:  Of course you can come live with us, Parker!  You are always welcome here!  You know that!  We still have your room all set up, and Cristine still has the mobile that you made in her room!  Monica loves it too!

P:  Who's Monica?

T:  Oh silly me!  Your dad and I had another kid, Monica.  She's a lot like your dad.  She loves kids, and is very easy to be around.  We're so excited to have you here!

P:  I'm excited to meet Monica.  Can I come tomorrow?  Dad can probably book my a flight.

T:  Of course!  Can't wait!  Cristine says hi, by the way!

P:  Cristine!  Say hi for me!

T:  Sure!  I'm sure she'll be excited to see you!

P: Yay!  I can't wait to see her!

T: So we'll pick you up from the airport tomorrow?

P:  Yeah,if that's okay. 

T:  Of course!  I'll book your flight and send you everything you'll need for the flight info

P: Thank you, Bones!

T: Sure.  Okay, so flight 407 to Washington DC, leaved England at 7.45am, and arrives here at noon.  Window, middle or isle seat?

P:  Window?

T: You got it.  Alright, all booked!  I'm emailing you the flight information right now. See you at noon!

I tell Booth that Parker is coming tomorrow. 

"Have you talked to Rebecca?" Booth asks, referring to Parker's mom.

"No, but I'm sure that that will not be an issue."

"I'm just going to call her to make sure.  We can take an hour off the case to get hi settled and pick him up, right?"  Booth asks.  

"Of course!  I'll come with you to pick him up with Cristine and Monica.  He said he was excited to see Cristine and meet Monica."  I say, putting my phone away.  

"Bones, I need to go to the grocery store and pick some stuff up for Parker.  He's very particular about food, or at least last time he was here he was.  I'll drop you off at the lab then go."  Booth said.  

"Booth, I can come with you.  I should know what Parker likes too, if he's going to be living with us.  Or maybe we can go with him after the flight.  It does come in a noon here, and he'll have had six hours to sleep on the flight.  Then he can show us what he likes, and we won't have to guess."  I say.  

"Thanks, Bones.  You're such a good mother."  Booth says.

"And other times I'm not?"  I ask.

"It's not that.  That's not what I meant.  I meant that it's great you care so much about making Parker feel so much at home here, and it's great to see.  It makes me see how much we've grown together over the past couple of years, Bones, it's so great to see you with Cristine, Monica and Parker."  Booth says.  

"I love you too, Booth."  I say, turning to him and smiling.  

"I never said that in my rant."  Booth says.

"I know, but that's what you mean.  Booth, we've known each other for so long now, I honestly cannot imagine my life with anyone but you, Parker, Cristine and Monica.  Speaking of people, we need to find a new babysitter.  How old is Parker?"  I ask.

"Parker is 13.  Why?"  Booth asks.

"Well, when he doesn't have plans or school, maybe he could look after Cristine and Monica for an hour or so.  Cristine is six, so she could help him a bit and she's very smart.  I think it could work."  I say.

"Well, Cristine does take after her brilliant mother."  Booth says, throwing a smile my way while driving.

"Thanks, Booth. But we do need to find a new babysitter. I'll work with Angela to put together a search for babysitters."  I say as my phone rings.

"