Chapter 19

A/N: So onto the 20th part (only 19th chapter) and over a thousand reads! Thank y'all so much for reading! Love y'all!!!

So back to the story...

"Max?" I say, looking at my father.

He turns around and looks at me.

"Tempe. What are you doing here?" He says.

"Dad, what are you doing?" I ask, looking behind him, at the dead body he was pushing over the edge.

"Look, Tempe, it wasn't me! I swear! I found him like this! Bug guy has already seen him and says that he was killed three weeks ago. I was with you three weeks ago!" Max says.

I suppose he's right, but we'll still have to confirm and investigate this.

"Okay Dad. But just know that we'll still have to look into this to see if your right. I trust you dad. Don't prove me wrong." By this point I had lowered my gun and crossed my arms in a defensive way.

"Booth! Come over here." I shout.

"Are you okay Bones?" He shouts back.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just come over." 

The car door opens and closes and I hear him walking over.

"Max?  What are you- That's a dead body. Alright, turn around." Booth says.

"Booth, he didn't do it." I say, resting my hand on Booth's arm.

"Bones!  He's covered in blood and he is literally holding a dead body!"  Booth shouts at me.  I flinch away. 

"Dad, who is this?  I'm going to assume you know th-" I look at the body.

It's my mother. 

"Dad, what the hell are you doing with Mom?"  I slowly ask.

"I heard someone talking about leaving her body as a puzzle message for you guys to find, and I figured that I had to move her.  That's what you guys caught me in the act of."  Max says, gently laying her down onto the pavement and walking over to me. 

"Max, don't you dare go near my wife or else-" Booth says, as sirens pull up.

Hey!  Thanks for reading!  Sorry about short chapter!  I have finals to study for and everything's so crazy right now!  Read what happens to Bones, Booth, Cristine, Max and Monica in the next chapter!!!!!