Chapter 3

"Agent Seeley Booth FBI and Dr Temperance Brennan of the Jeffersonian." Booth says when we finally get to the site.
"Right this way. The remains were found scattered under the tree. The head can't be found, but we assume it's around here somewhere." The officer says.
"Uh, think I found the head. Bones?"
"Yeah?" I say to my new fiancée.
"Look up." Booth says.
I look up and I see the head and a few vertebrae hanging from a rope in the tree.
"Found cause of death Bones?" Booth asks.
"Well, I can't be sure decapitation is cause of death until we identify the murder weapon. Show me the skeleton please." I say to the officer.
"A team has arranged them according to a textbook from the library. Things might be a bit mixed up, but we think it's close. It's right over here." Says the officer.
"Thank you officer." I say.
He nods and walks away.
"Female, telling by the pelvis, in mid twenties to thirty. Tall, Caucasian, rate of decomp puts time of death around two weeks ago. I can't do more here." I say.
"Alright, let's get this woman shipped up to the Jeffersonian. Including the skull." I tell the FBI forensics team.
They nod and start the work to get the girl back to my lab.
Booth and I walk back to the car, which was a black FBI issued SUV Chevy truck.

Back at the lab...
"Okay, any flesh for my to take?" Camille, or Cam, asked me.
"Take as much as you can find. You might be able to get an ID from it. Zach, what do you see?" I say, once we have the bones arranged properly.
"Female, mid twenties to thirty. Tall, Caucasian. There are markers of trauma to the skull and obvious detachments between the c2 and the c3 vertebrae. I can takes swabs to Hodgins to analyze. I'll start work on he mired weapon after Angela does her facial reconstruction." Zach says.
Booth is standing over in the corner, watching us, probably me, as we start our work.
"Angela, while your waiting for the skull for facial reconstruction, could you do a dental search for the victim?"
She nods and does what she does with the dentals and the AngelaTron.
I walk over to Booth.
"Hey, how you holding in Bones?" He says, worried.
"I'm fine. Once we ID the victim we can interrogate possible suspects." I say.
"No, not the case, but with the engagement and pregnancy stuff." Booth said, lowering his voice at mention of the later things.
"Oh that? I'm great. I'm so happy. Cristine will-" I get cut off by Angela.
"Got an ID. Missing persons database shows a victim, 27, by the name of Izobel Winters. Worked as an intern at a law office. Her boss reported her missing two weeks ago. Dentals match. I'm going to go do a possible scenario match up to see how she might have gotten these injuries. Brennan, can we talk for a minute? In your office?" She asks.
I look at Booth, and he nods. "Yeah, let's go." I say.
We walk into my office after a few seconds. Angela looks at me.
"What's wrong, Sweetie? Is everything okay with- OH MY GOSH. IS THAT AN ENGAGEMENT RING?????" Angela screams. I look down at my hand.
"Yeah, Booth proposed this morning after I told him-" I started.
"After you told him what, exactly?" Ange prompts.
"AfterIToldHimIWasPregnant." I say super quickly.
"Brennan, what did you say? I couldn't understand you." Ange asked.
"After I told him I was pregnant." I say quietly, but loud enough for her to hear.
"Omg this is amazing Brennan!" Ange says, jumping up and down, and going me a hug filled with enough high pitched squeals to deafen a rock band. Booth is looking over at us and smiling. He knows I told her by her reaction.
"So Brennan, a new baby, a wedding, I'm so happy for you!" Angela said.
"Thanks Ange. I'm really excited myself. I can't wait for Cristine to be a big sister! Oh shoot!" I say,looking down at my watch. "I have an ultrasound in half an hour. I have to go!" I say and hurry out to get Booth. Once I get onto the platform, I tell Cam that Booth and I have to go 'question family and friends' we run out the door to the black SUV and to the hospital so we aren't late for the appointment. Booth wasn't there for Cristine's first one, and was really upset so I made sure he knew about this one.