Chapter 5

Back at the lab:
"Zach, have you found the murder weapon yet?" I ask him, while looking at the collection of cleaned bones on the table.
"No, but I have come closer. It looks like our victim was hit on the head post mortem as the skull doesn't show any sign of hemorrhaging. Ribs show multiple stab wounds, and marks that look like it could have been made with a serrated edge household knife. I would need to know if the victim's apartment or the doctors home had any that would match these marks made here. I can ask Angela to narrow down the possibilities of different knife types." Zach says to me.
"Good job. I'll be back in a little while." I told my grad student.
I walk over to tue autopsy room where Cam has her office.
"Cam, I'm going to need to take six weeks off in September." I tell tue darker skinned woman with a short blunt bob that ends around her chin.
"For what, Dr Brennan?" Cam asks.
"I'm pregnant and I will be needing six weeks off please." I tell her.
"Of course. When did you find out?" She asks.
"A few days ago. I had an ultrasound today to confirm. Oh, and you're invited to both the baby shower and wedding." I say.
"What wedding?" Cam says, looking up from her work finally.
"Booth and I are getting married. In two months." I day.
"Congrats! I'll be sure to clear my schedule! I look forward to it Dr Brennan." Cam says.
"Good. I have to go see how Angela is doing with the scenarios." I explain.
She nods and gets back to her work.

I walk over to Angela's office.
"Can you plan a baby shower and wedding in two months? I want the baby shower after the wedding closer to the actual due date of the guy. That's in September, so maybe late August?" I say.
"Yeah. Of course! But on one condition. I'm invited to both." Angela says.
"Of course! You're my best friend!" I say. "So what have you got on the victim."
"So sue either could have been stabbed in the chest with a serrated steak knife, and then hit on the head with the blunt force object or vice versa. But considering that the blow to the head was post mortem, I think it played out like this." Angela said, as she hit play on her remote control. The dancing lasers between the panels start to form our victim and how she must have been killed.
"I found particulates when I swabbed the leg. Part of a bumper sticker were found on the bone and squished inside. It was red and," He moved over to Angela's computer. "It looked something like this." Hodgins said as he pulled up a bumper sticker. It was the same school that the kids of the doctor went to. But not on his car, we saw the sticker on the wife's car.
Not only have we found part of the midget weapon, but we found out who the murderer was.
I pull out my blackberry and dial Booth's number.
"Booth, we know who the murderer is." I told him.
"The wife? Her alibi upholds." Booth said. "She was away on a charity event to help the homeless."
"How old are her kids?" I asked.
"Oldest one is 17..." Booth said. "And is insured under the mother's car." Booth said, probably at his desk with the insurance plan up on his computer screen.
"Then we have to go talk to the oldest kid." I tell Booth.
"I'll be at the lab in twenty minutes." He says in response.
"Okay. I'll be ready." I say. He still hasn't hung up yet.
"Bones," Booth said.
"Yeah?"
"I love you." Booth said.
I walk away from the SquintSquad. "I love you too Booth. See you in twenty." I say, hanging up.
"Okay. So Dr Lancôme has a kid who's 17, and is under his mother 's insurance plan. Booth and I are going to go talk to him now." I told Cam and Hodgins.
"Alright. I'll have Angela check for the blade marks and find out which house if you can get a photo of each." Cam tells me.
"We can check it out when we're there today." I say, walking out to grab my coat and an energy bar from my drawer.
I see the black SUV pull up and the passenger side window is rolled down.
"Come on Bones!" Booth said.
I run over to the truck with my bag, and get in. Booth peels away from the curb.
"Booth, put your seatbelt on." I Say as he starts recklessly driving.