-- Chapter Seven -

A few days later
Brooklyn

A few days later Brooklyn

—-🌻 —

Evangeline had been in New York for two years. The city was the perfect place to hide. Busy streets, dark alleyways.
However, it was hard for her to get around because she had no idea how to do much.

She had felt bad for abandoning Sunny. She had helped her and all Evangeline did in return was rob her and leave her.
And because of that, She had gotten a good amount of money on her person, so she was able to buy cloths that helped her blend in. Her hair was dyed—which was a whole process in its self—but she was hardly recognizable for a time being.

Her knifes and gun she still held close to her. Only using them when she needed to. Which wasn't often. All though there were a few incidents, she had managed.
Other than those, She hadn't really gotten into much trouble, besides one other guy who tried to mess with her one night she was walking, he learnt the hard way that it probably wasn't the best idea to do so.

——

As of now, Evangeline had been squatting in an apartment she had rented for cheep. After pretty much threatening the super, she had gotten a one bedroom in the furthest part of Brooklyn.

It was small, but she didn't need much. Just a bed to sleep in and a kitchen to cook food. She had taken a liking to cooking. It brought her a sense of calming, unless she got the recipe wrong...then she got annoyed and gave up.

Over the course of her stay, Evangeline hadn't run into any of her soulmates. A dreading feeling was constant within her as she thought about them, and about Bucky.
She hadn't felt this alone in a long time. Since before she was pared up with The Winter Soldier, she had been alone all the time.

Alone in her cold cell.

With a shutter, Evangeline sighed as she entered her apartment. The lights turned on and she placed her shopping bag on the counter.

She hadn't thought about HYDRA in a while. Not about her past. She had wanted to forget about her time there. She had wanted to forget all the pain she endured. All the thoughts that she still remembered. She was free of them.

Even though she didn't think much of HYDRA, her nightmares seems to always remind her. She would wake screaming, or crying. There was no in between.

As Evangeline walked towards her fridge, opening it slowly as she put away her groceries.
The hair on the back of her neck stands up as she feels a presences watching her. Reaching in her fridge, she takes out the small gun she keeps in the door and takes it out and holds it to her side.

"It's all right. I'm not here to hurt you." The deep voice sent shivers down her spine as she turned around slowly.
The man who stood in front of her was strange.
He stood tall, dressed in all black, topped with a leather jacket. What intrigued her, was the eye patch.