- Chapter Fourteen -

A/N
A little bit of fluff/ what I barely call
"smut"(mostly just a shower scene)
Enjoy with caution

——— 🌻 ———

two weeks later
before just before The Avengers 

two weeks later  before just before The Avengers 

—— 🌻 ——

  There was to be a gala. One that celebrated the achievements of the one and only Darian Miles. He had been part of S.H.E.I.L.D for a long time and it was Nick Fury himself that had organized the whole thing. He felt the need to appreciate his long time right hand man.
Everyone who was everyone was invited to this event.
It was to be big. Fun.
However, things don't always turn out that way.

——
24 hours before the gala
——

"Non! Non! Don't take him away! Please!" Her shouts were taken over by his screams and the sound of the Machine;

but then, the scene changed.

"You don't deserve all of them" he said, his evil eyes started at her with wickedness she's seen before. The tall man turned away from her, snapping his fingers, she watched as her soulmates were then suddenly in front of her, their dead eyes looked back at her. Blood caked their faces.

She cried out in pain, their pain.
Her screams were ear shattering, the scene around her shook as she tried to take away their pain, but she couldn't.

"Angie!"

Even in their dead state, she could still hear the screams. Weather they were theirs or hers, she didn't know.

"Angie!"

——

Her eyes shot open, they flicker with change and suddenly, she wasn't herself. Immediately, she scrambled out of her bed, ignoring the confused sounds of those who slept in it. Her mind was too foggy to recognize where she was.
All she saw was four grey walls. Needles. Their dead eyes looking back at her.

"Evangeline, hey, hey, it's okay." The voice that would've calmed her down before was drowned in the sound of the ringing in her ears.  
She looked at the man in front of her, she didn't see Steve. Nor did she see Clint, or Sam.
She saw threats. They killed them. They will pay.

The lights in the room began to flicker. Her eyes focused on the three in front of her. A glass from the kitchen could be heard shattering.
Each of them felt the fear. Each of them felt the worry. The stress.