--Chapter Twenty-Four ---

A week later

A day with Steve

🌻

Evangeline has had a busy the last couple weeks. Well, they weren't that busy, but when she wasn't learning about mechanical things from Tony, or learning Science things from Bruce, or babysitting her brothers children, she was catching up on newest trends with Peter and training with Natasha. She had also been expanding her book collection and had to get Tony to build her a brand new bookshelf because she was running out of space.

She had Steve to thank for that. Because of him, they had both shared a strange love for literature and were often both found in the small library room where her bookshelf's were, past our on one of the couches with a book in their hands.

She noticed how much she had missed reading. Like a fuzzy picture in her head, she could see herself enjoying the feeling of books as a child. The sense of escaping the world around her and being brought into a whole knew one with monsters and villains...who knew that one day her life would all just be a big story book with all of that and more.

When she found herself upset, or just plain board, she would go read. Because she knew that it would brighten her day. Even just the smallest amount.

Her soulmates knew where to find her if she was no where to be found in the big tower they called home.
It had been a calm day. With everyone doing their own thing and what not. But it was Steve who had noticed the lack of their soulmate who normally was with at least one of them at all times. Except in times of sadness.

"Has anyone seen Angie?" He asked a he entered the common room, where most of everyone was.

A course of shaking heads and soft no's filled the rooms. Steve sighed. He had a small hunch as to where she could possibly be.

As he made he way to the small library, he found her curled up in one of the chairs. She had been under a heap of blankets and had at least three books in her lap. She immediately looked up as soon as she felt someone enter. She wasn't really surprised that it was him; no one else really came in here but the two of them.

"Hey." He said softly. He made his way over to the other chair and sat down. Evangeline smiled but then turned back to her book.

"How's training with Natasha going?" He decided to ask, he could feel a type of sadness filling within him. He knew, though, that it wasn't his own.

"Good. Tasha said I needed to take a break because we've been going at it for a while." She told him as she flipped to the next page.