-- Chapter Twenty-Six --

A week later

A day with Bruce

  Evangeline woke to the feeling of light kisses that trailed from her neck all the way to her collarbone

Evangeline woke to the feeling of light kisses that trailed from her neck all the way to her collarbone. Her eyes slowly blinked open, the light broke through the blue curtains that hung on the huge windows of her room. With a smile, Evangeline turned to her side, so that she faced the only person next to her in the big bed she usually shared with more than one of her soulmates.

"Morning." She had whispered softly.

They chuckled lightly, "morning." He repeated

"The others gone already?" She asked, a small frown played on her lips. Her soulmates were busy with their work and she was often left alone. Or, she was left with someone who wasn't busy. This morning, it just so happened to be Bruce.

"Yeah. They left a while ago. It's nearly 12."

With a sigh, Evangeline turned over onto her back. "Can we stay in bed?" She asked with a huff.

Bruce smiled and poked her cheek, "I mean, I have nothing to do to day—-but you...aren't you helping out your brother with something?" He asked

Evangeline closed her eyes and grumbled. "I guess. But he can wait. You said you're not doing anything?" Evangeline asked as she turned back onto her side, a sly smile tugged on her lips as she eyes her soulmate, who, had already grown a blush upon his cheeks.

Leaning in, Evangeline connected their lips and pulled him closer towards her.
Pulling away, they stare at each other. Knowing looks upon their faces. "I guess your brother wouldn't mind you being late...."
Evangeline leaned in and kissed him again, a needy and urning kiss.

"je ne pourrais pas être plus d'accord, mon amour." (I couldn't agree more, my love)

———

"You're sure it's alright?" Her brother had asked again. Evangeline had sighed, sure it wasn't how she planned on spending her day with Bruce, but her brother had needed help with his kids, and she was their aunt, so how could she say no?

"Oui, Darian! It's okay. You and Daisy go on." Evangeline had said as she tried to push her brother out the door. He sighed,

"I'm not interrupting a special day or anything? With you and your soulmate I mean—"

"Dude, seriously, all good." Bruce had said. His eyes widened however, as he noticed one of the toddlers reaching for a glass cup that sat on top of the coffee table. He reached for it before she managed to push it off and send it crashing to the ground.