- Chapter Twenty One -

Year 2013
Age 25
Pre Winter Soldier post Avengers

A Day with Natasha

  Evangeline and Natasha walked hand in hand towards the shooting range

The girls had the day all to them selfs as Evangeline's other soulmates were all busy doing their own thing for whatever reason. They had agreed that they would focus on their own affairs.
All of them "going their separate ways" but also staying close so that they could be with Evangeline.

They stayed in the new tower. The new, slightly bigger, slightly better, tower. Tony had given her free will on decorating her room, which would sometimes be their room.
It was the biggest one in there and she took the decorating seriously.

Her walls were bright colors, and filled with pictures of her and her soulmates. She even had two huge book shelf's she filled with different types of books. She didn't want a room that caused her to think of her past.

After the events caused by Loki, Evangeline had noticed a weird weight that seemed to fall over her soulmates. When they were all together, they would converse, but only if needed to. It seemed, to her, that it had become a little awkward and she hated it. She would always be the one to try and ease the tension. It was ironic really, because out of all her soulmates, she usually was the most tense one there.

"Are you okay?" Natasha had asked Evangeline after she noticed how spaced out she was.
They had almost come close to the shooting range and Natasha wasn't going to lie to herself and say she wasn't extremely excited to be going. The need for a break from the others had pushed them to this this right away and not wait.

"Oui, I am okay. Just....thinking." Evangeline said. Natasha had nodded and then smiled as they came to the door of the place.
The bell rang as they entered and heads turned to face them.
Their eyes wide once they recognize their faces. 

Evangeline had focused on Natasha's thoughts to block out the others around her. Evangeline...The Avengers....I hope Sam isn't trying to bake again.....If these bastards keep looking at Evangeline like that I'm gonna—-

"How may I help you lady's?" The clerk had said once they came up to the front desk.

"Yeah we'd like to book two lanes for an hour." Natasha said. She stood up straight and protectively in front of Evangeline, for the guy kept checking her out.

"Right." The guy said as he turned to face the computer. Natasha felt Evangeline place a hand on her arm and she turned to look at her, Evangeline softly smiled at her and she smiled back, getting the message.

"Allrighty. Number 3 and 4. One hour." The guy said and handed them ear covers.
Hand in hand, they walked passed watching eyes.

As they reach the booths, Evangeline steps behind the barrier and puts her Ear covers on. Loading the gun with the provided bullets, Evangeline don't hesitate picking the weapon up and firing her first round.