-- Chapter Twenty-Eight --

A few weeks later.
A few weeks before the start of The Winter Soldier.

A day with Peter

A little girl lay awake in her small bed

A little girl lay awake in her small bed. She had heard a sound and she wasn't sure where it came from. It had woken her up from her dream. A dream about flying cars or somethings.....she wasn't sure she remembered correctly.

Crash!

There it was again. The same sound, but this time it was louder. Closer. She had been tempted to go inspect it. But her slight fear stopped her.
Maybe it was just her parents. She knew they were still up, waiting for her brother. She missed him when he left. She would've gone straight to his room once she heard the sound again. But he wasn't home.

With a heavy sigh, the girl removed her covers and slowly made her way down stairs. Her parents sat watching a movie.

As she made her way over, the house had begun to shake. The rumbling caused things like the glass cabinet to fall over and break. She felt like the house was flying. Twisting and turning as if it were stuck in a tornado——like Dorthys house in The Wizard of Oz.——- she cried for her parents, and they cried for her.

When the door burst open, the wind almost made her topple over.
A few Random men marched in. No, not random.
Evangeline had known at least two of them. The yellow teeth familiar as one of them smiled wickedly at her. She knew that smile anywhere.

"My little fighter." He laughed

The girl screamed. And suddenly, her parents were gone. Like dust in the wind they blew away and she hadn't even had time to say goodbye.

She screamed. She screamed and screamed as they grabbed hold of her. She can't remember what happened next.

But the scene changed.

And as The tall man stood in front of her, killing her soulmates one by one. The only thing she could do was watch.

————

Peter Parker hummed as he walked around the tower. The others all dispersed and doing their own things. It was early in the morning. Usually, he'd be sleeping, but he had stayed up all night finishing up a project for school.
He ended up falling asleep at his desk.

With a coffee in hand, and another coffee for his sleeping soulmate, he made his way to her room.
They were finally going to be alone today. Things were slow, so Peter had the day perfectly planned out for the both of them. He was glad the others weren't going to be around to bother them. Not that he really cared that they were all there, but he knew that everyone had come to an agreement that in order for this whole thing to work out, that they all needed to be be together, for Evangeline.