- Chapter Nineteen -

Evangeline woke with a start

     Evangeline woke with a start. She shot up in bed, her breathing heavy, face sweaty. Her hands started to shake as she tried to calm herself down.
"Tony!"
The image of him falling out of the sky replayed in her head. Haunting her in her dreams, along with all her other ghosts that reside there.
The Avengers had saved the day, But at what cost?

The city was in ruins and it seemed that there was a decision on the whole idea of even the thought of "superhero's" to texting the very city they lived in.

People loved the idea, but others did not.

The thought of her and her soulmates being a team, and saving the world from other magical creatures that obviously were a thing didn't really sit right with her...but who else was going to do it?
No one else—-that they knew of—had the ability's they did.
A man that turned into a raging beast, a super soldier, two ex-assassins and a girl with the power to kill with the flick of her wrist, a literal God, and a man in an iron suit that can shoot things out of hands and fly.....
Not to mention a extreme bowman and maybe even a falcon and a spider.....how could they possibly be the only ones that could save the world from what dared to go against it?

She was on the fence about it because they were her soulmates and they would be always putting themselves in danger.

She was glad they were putting a pause on the idea. The Avengers weren't going to be a thing for a while. Not until others were on board.

With a shaky sigh, it wasn't until now that Evangeline noticed that she was alone in her big bed. She slowly stretched before she got out and put a random hoodie over her sports bra and as she yawned, she made her way out to where she suspected one of her soulmates would be.

"Hey..." the voice said

Evangeline smiled as she walked over to the bar, she avoided the broken glass and the rubble of what was once the living room and made her way over to where Tony was, sitting against the dark wooded bar with a glass in his hand.

"bonjour, as-tu dormi?" (Good morning, did you get any sleep?) Evangeline asked as she sat down beside him. He handed her his glass but she shook her head, denying the offer.

"You know I don't speak whatever it is you speak...."

"French, Tony. Did you sleep at all?" Evangeline said with a small giggle as she rested her head on his shoulder. The smell of ash, liquor, and even a hint of Shawarma hit her nose as she breathed in. It was only two days after the whole event.

"Nope. But, hey, that's life. You know, I could really kill for some more—"

"Please don't say—Shawarma...."

"That wasn't what I was going to say at all. Hey, how are you, though, did you get any sleep French girl?"

"I got some..."