- Chapter Sixteen -

Year 2012
Age 24

The Avengers (¿loosely¿)

The tower

———— 🌻 ————

———— 🌻 ————

Evangeline woke to small kisses. She slowly blinked her eyes open, letting out a pretend yawn because she was already awake and she didn't want to be questioned about why.
Turning on her side, her eyes stare at one of her soulmates. She smiled brightly at them—she would never get used to waking up next to any of them—

"Morning." They said, their sleepy voice spoke.

"Morning" she whispered back.

"More like afternoon. We slept in—again."

Evangeline smiled and turned on her other side, her other soulmate on her other side. The big bed held room for three.
She, Steve, and Clint had been the ones to share it this time. It had switched often and she had always been Stuck in the middle.

"Not our fault the bed is so comfy...." Evangeline said, she giggled as she felt her sides being tickled.

'Mr.Stark requests Miss Evangeline to join him in his lab'

Evangeline had smiled as she kissed both Steve and Clint on the cheeks before she got out of bed.

Since she had been living in the new tower, she had still hadn't gotten used to Jarvis—Tony's AI. At times when he spoke, it would frighten her when it came out of the blue, the others would laugh at her, and she would scold them for doing so.

Being at the tower had helped their living situation greatly. It was a place they could all be together with out ever really being apart—except when either Evangeline or the others went on some type of Mission or work related trip.—
It had been somewhere they all lived; they each had their own floor, though no one really stayed alone. Some nights they would stay with Evangeline.
It was very rare that they all slept together—a sleepover Evangeline had called it.

She liked when they were all together. It made her feel calm, at ease. Her mind was always filled with happy thoughts, which was something she also wasn't used to. Weather they were her's or her soulmates, she didn't exactly know nor did she care.

Being with them had changed her greatly. However, she was still sometimes the assassin  she was trained to be, and those days were tough.
Especially the ones where she woke up and didn't remember who or where she was. The effects of her nightmares took a toll on her and she hated it.

Even Though she was free, it seemed that they would always have some type of hold on her.

Nevertheless, even with all the new happy changes, deep down there was always something missing.
She had yet to find the rest of her soulmates. There were four...and Bucky....
the thought of them made her feel sad and she wished she had the time to go out and look for them.