Chapter 3: Dark Angel

-

Nathan looked at the huge city in front of him with surprise, not even knowing where to start.

"Firstly, we're gonna need to stop by some stores. I have some ideas for how we can give you more advantages while fighting." Said Lycah.

He looked at her with interest. "What do you have in mind?"

"Weapons." She replied, smirking as she headed into the City, followed closely by Nathan. 

He made sure that his mask and hood were on properly as he followed Lycah, being sure not to lose track of her in the huge city with hundreds of people roaming around.

"Stay close to me, and remember, let me do the talking." She reminded.

He chuckled. "Don't worry, I've learned my lesson about not doing what you say." He replied with amusement as he looked around cautiously, seeing people look at him with utter confusion, clearly trying to figure out what he was.

A giggle was heard from Lycah as she remembered the amount of hits he'd recieved from not doing as she said during training.  

Some pokèmon started to stare at Nathan, clearly taking an interest to him, never seeing anything like him. He tried his best not to flip them off as he followed Lycah.

Finally, Lycah came to a stop outside of a merchant's stand. Nathan looked up, reading the sign. 'Timburr's Tinkering'. Unsurprisingly, a Timburr stood at the stand. "How may I serve..." He stopped, noticing the strange being that stood next to the lucario. "What in the name of Arceus are you?"

Lycah rolled her eyes, quickly coming up with something. "I'm one of his females. He's a machoke, recently got into a fight with a Houndoom. He recieved many burns so he covers up his bandages with... This." She said, tugging on his clothing.

Nathan smirked behind his mask, surprised with Lycah's well thought out story. 

"Hm, quite the tale. No doubt the Houndoom was trying to challenge him for you." He said, eying up Lycah.

Lycah crossed her arms. "It was wild."

"Oh, I see. Well, good job. She's a fine one, wouldn't want her pretty little face getting burned." He said.

Lycah blushed slightly while Nathan raised an eyebrow at the small pokèmon. "Well... We're here for some weapons." 

The timburr looked up at his sign. "Heh, why else would you be here?"

She pinched the bridge of her nose, losing her patience with the timburr. "Just tell me what you sell, dammit."

The timburr laughed, kneeling down below his stand and lifted many cases up, placing them on his desk. Lycah and Nathan looked at the collection of weapons with surprise, but Nathan eyed one weapon in particular. A very well made scythe, painted black and red.

"All made by myself. I have the reputation of the best smith in City A for a reason." He said, smirking slyly. "Whatever you buy from me will last you a lifetime, guaranteed."

Lycah observed the weapons and pointed to one of the cases. "Let us see how that feels."

He nodded, unlocking the case and handed the black bow to her. It was clearly a little heavy as she was surprised by its weight. She handed the bow to Nathan for him to test out.

"Must say, I've never seen a Machoke using a bow and arrow." The timburr chuckled. 

They both remained silent, glancing at each other. "Um... It's the burns... He can't exactly fight as well as he could so he needs alternatives." she replied convincingly.