Chapter 11: Never Truly Apart

There was a moment of silence in that cave, a standoff between Nathan and the zoroark clan. He stared at them fiercely while keeping a tight grip on his Scythe.

"Hand Zyla over, and I'll consider letting you all live." He demanded, though showing that his patience was fastly decreasing.

Zachary had a furious twisted scowl on his face as he held his arm in front of Zyla, preventing his daughter from going anywhere. "My daughter belongs with me and this clan, you have no claim on her." He retorted.

"Zyla is my mate. She doesn't want to stay, so you have no claim on her you son of a bitch." Nathan said through gritted teeth, only angered more by the fearful look on Zyla's face.

"We appear to be in disagreement. Do you really think you could take all of us?" Zachary asked with a mocking chuckle. "You may have escaped our illusion, but that doesn't make you invincible. You would be wise to remember that."

"Zyla... close your eyes. This is gonna get ugly." Nathan warned as he took a deep breath, preparing for what was about to happen.

Another moment of silence went by, save for the growls from the zoroark clan as they also prepared to fight, their purple eyes glowing ever brighter.

But then... they charged, every single zoroark charged at Nathan all at once with their large claws ready to slash. But Zachary stayed with Zyla, to ensure that she wouldn't go anywhere.

Nathan watched as they charged for a moment before he made his move, dashing to the side out of their way while swinging his Scythe, managing to slice a deep gash into one Zoroark's leg and putting him out of commission.

The zoroark closest to him made a lunge at him with their claws ready to slash, but Nathan was able to duck under the attack before whacking him across the face with the bottom of his handle. It seemed like the man was actually avoiding killing any of them.

"It's only a matter of time, you can't beat us!" Zachary said with a raised voice, clearly he was enjoying the show.

Zyla had a worried look etched onto her face as she watched Nathan's impressive fight with all the Zoroarks, but she looked to her father with a sigh. "Just let me go, father... this isn't worth it." She pleaded.

"You are staying, and that's that. I will hear no more about it." Zachary quickly retorted, staring daggers at his daughter.

Suddenly, Nathan noticed one of the Zoroarks seemingly charging up and attack, one he immediately recognized as shadow ball. He took a deep breath and waited... prepared to use his Scythe to its full potential.

The shadow ball was projected at him at a very fast speed, but Nathan quickly flipped his scyth around and closed his eyes, holding the opening on the back of his scythe towards the ball coming his way.

He was shocked when he felt something impact his Scythe and slowly opened his eyes, amazed by the sight of the shadow ball trapped within his weapon. He grinned and winded his arm back, before swinging his Scythe in their direction.

The shadow ball shot back out from his Scythe and collided with the large clan of Zoroarks, creating a loud, powerful boom which sent all of them tumbling back... giving Nathan his opening.

With Zachary, Nathan did not hesitate at all, he was the one responsible for this horrible clan. He scowled as he charged towards him and swung his scythe in a downward motion... cutting off the arm that was held in front of Zyla without hesitation.

Zachary howled with agony as he watched his amputed arm flop to the ground, followed by a lot of blood spilling from his stump. "AGGHH!" He yelled.

"Come on!" Nathan exclaimed, snatching Zyla's hand to begin leading her out of the cave.