Chapter 4: Master Of Illusions

-

Nathan, Lycah and Angella walked the streets of City A. Packed as usual. Nathan had his face covered with his hood and mask, and his weapons remained holstered as they walked through the huge crowd of Pokèmon.

Angella now walked with a proud smile plastered on her face as she passed the pokèmon who gave her angry glares, knowing that they could now sense that she was 'claimed' by Nathan. Every insult thrown her way didn't affect her anymore as she only cared about one thing now... And that was her man.

Lycah stayed as close to Nathan as possible, knowing that all it took for something bad to happen was one curious pokèmon pulling down Nathan's mask, or even worse, a small child pokèmon not going noticed by her. She kept a sharp eye on their surroundings, making sure that nothing got past her.

Nathan however, could only think about how hungry he was at the moment. Luckily, Lycah was currently leading them to a good place to get something to eat.

They finally arrived to the store that had a Chansey stood at the counter. They entered, looking at the large stock of food on shelves.

"Okay, what do we need?" Asked Lycah.

"Just a shit ton of food I think. Might as well get a lot so we don't need to worry about it." Nathan replied.

"Do we even have enough money? Because I don't have a Pokè to my name." Angella said.

Lycah simply smirked. "Trust me, we have enough. Far more than enough to by this stores entire stock and then some. So don't worry about money."

A few minutes later, they had nearly three baskets full of various fruits, vegetables and meats. They brought them up to the Chansey at the counter, who gave them a confused expression.

Lycah giggled, wrapping her arms around Nathan's waist. "Our mate is taking us on a trip through Pokèos, so we're getting stocked up." She beamed.

"Right... A trip." Nathan agreed with a nervous laugh.

The Chansey smiled and began scanning all of their items. "Well, I hope your mate is rich, because this won't be cheap I'm afraid."

A few long minutes later, the Chansey had finally scanned all of the items and had started bagging it all.

"That'll be Two Hundred and Thirty Four Pokès."

Lycah began digging through the bag that Nathan carried, fishing out the golden coins with an image of Arceus carved into both sides. She pulled out some Pokès larger than others, meaning that they're more valuable than the smaller ones.

Eventually, she placed two large Pokès on the counter, followed by three medium sized ones, and four smaller ones, which added up to 234. Nathan was going to have to ask Lycah about this currency.

The Chansey nodded and handed them their bags. "Thanks for the business."

The three turned to leave with their bags and it was only then that the Chansey noticed the Absol that was in her store. On the way out, she muttered, 'Dark type scum'.

Nathan was surprised as Angella continued to wear her proud smirk, completely unaffected by the insult as they leave the store.

Lycah began stuffing the bags of food into their own larger bags that Nathan carried. "Well, now food isn't a problem but that Chansey is." Lycah said, scowling. "We won't be going back to her for what she said to Angella."

"Honestly, I don't really care anymore. Because I have a reason not to now." Angella replied, smiling.

Nathan returned her smile, brushing his hand along the long strand of hair on her head to which she looked up at him with love in her eyes.