Crucible (2x04) part 1

"Legends!" came the familiar british voice over the intercoms "The Captain would like to speak to you all in the parlour."

"I wonder what that was all about." Ray commented.

"We could be on a boat" Oliver theorised shuddering at the memory of the Amazo.

"Guys it's starting again, hush!" Winn shushed the group

The memory set opened on the Queen Mansion, where a lavish business party was being thrown. Isabel Rochev stood in the foyer to greet guests, while inwardly she seethed over the absence of one person- Oliver. Her eyes narrowed as Felicity walked quickly towards her.

"Oh my goodness I hate her so much." Moira commented after seeing the brunette.

"Mr. Queen's going to be late." She told Isabel. "He's extremely sorry. It couldn't be helped."

"Where is he?" Rochev demanded.

"Um..."

Down at the docks, several gangbangers armed with assault rifles were firing up at the roof where the Arrow stood. The vigilante fired back, taking out one before he was forced to move to seek cover.

"Of course he'd be late to his own party to deal with gang bangers with automatic weapons." Tommy said with a smirk. "Of course, a few years earlier it would be a different kind of banging.."

Laurel looked at Tommy in disgust. "Did you SERIOUSLY just make that joke?"

"Did you HAVE to make that joke?" Thea added. "I want to know nothing about my brother's sex life. NOTHING."

"Over there!" one of them said.

"Where, man?!" another asked as he hosed the roof with bullets.

"There, man!"

"That's really not very descriptive." Cisco commented, "Why are villains 9 times out of ten complete idiots?"

Back at the mansion, Felicity smiled nervously. "Just got a little held up." She stammered. "You know, tying up some loose ends."

"Is that really the best you could do?" Iris asked

"I mean cut her some slack how exactly is she supposed to explain what he's doing?" Laurel asked, "I mean she could come up with an excuse but it would just make him look irresponsible or undependable." Felicity shot the light brunette a grateful smile.

On the docks, Oliver fired a bola arrow at one thug. The wire wrapped around his ankles, allowing Oliver to hoist him up over a gantry. As he swung upside, down, he watched as The Arrow fired another arrow at one of the fleeing gang bangers, also ensnaring his ankles.

"I'm actually in direct contact with him now." Felicity was saying at the party. "Let me-let me check." She walked away from Isabel and activated her Bluetooth, then gave a startled gasp at the sound of automatic gunfire.

"Ouch," Ray winced.

At the docks, Oliver took aim at the last Gang banger, who wisely dropped his gun and took off. "Where are you getting the guns?" he demanded of the one hanging upside down.

"Are you going to kill me? Get it over with." The boy replied. Oliver knocked him out with a single punch, then activated his com-link. "Dig. Took down two more gangbangers." He told his partner. "They were armed with fully automatic M4A1 assault rifles."