Birds of Prey (2x17) part 2

Inside the courthouse, Laurel was making her way down the hall as quietly as she could. Suddenly the lights went out as the cops cut the power, and a moment later the emergency lights came on. She ducked into a small break room, looking for a place to hide, but was suddenly grabbed from behind by one of the gunmen.

"I swear if they hurt you!" Lance practically snarled.

"Dad still nothing you can do."

Years of self-defense training took over and she belted him hard in the nose with her elbow, but the man held on, picking her up and throwing her into a vending machine.

He pinned her there with one hand, the other withdrawing a long knife-
But then he was thrown clear as The Canary arrived.

"Whoo!!" Thea cheered, "Go Sara!!"

She easily disarmed the man, beat him down to one knee, then sent a hard knee of her own into his face. The blow sent him flying, crashing through a table where he lay unconscious.

"Okay how strong is she?!" Tommy asked eyes wide and more than just slightly afraid.

She turned to Laurel, who looked at her with trepidation.

"Are you one of the good guys?" Laurel asked.

Sara activated the voice changer on her belt. "No, but I'm friends with them." She replied in warbling, distorted voice.

"She still doesn't think she's good." Laurel frowned tears pricking the corners of her eyes.

Laurel led the Canary through the halls up to the DA's office, moving ahead of a pair of gunmen. She stopped at a door and fumbled with her keys, trying to get it into the lock. Sara glanced down the hall and saw a pair of shadows approaching as Laurel finally unlocked the door.

She led the vigilante in, closing the door and hiding behind a desk as the two gunmen walked past, oblivious.

"Men." Thea shook her head.

Sara glanced at her panicked sister in concern. "Are you hurt?" she asked.

Laurel chuckled. "I'm so stupid." She looked up and spied a pair of bourbon bottles, and immediately grabbed one.

"No!" Laurel exclaimed. She was getting better.

"Hey. You don't want to do that." Sara said as Laurel ripped off the cap.

"Oh, no, trust me. I do." Laurel replied.

"No you don't." Quentin shook his head. He hated not being able to do anything for his daughter.

"What about your sobriety?" Sara asked, then winced internally.

Laurel looked at the masked woman. "How do you know about that?" she asked.

"How's she gonna get out of that one?" Tommy smiled rubbing hands together excitedly. Her came the identity reveal.

"The 'A' chip on your keychain." Sara said quickly. "30 Days."

"Crap." Tommy closed his eyes exasperated. He wanted Laurel to know!

"Do you even know why I'm here today?" she asked. "Turns out I'm decoration. Expendable decoration." She said, dejected.

"What do you mean?" Sara asked.

"This whole trial was a sham." Laurel said, finally voicing what she knew to be true. "I should have seen it. Sara was right. Sara, she's... she's my sister." She explained. "She said that I wasn't ready to come back, and I just thought she was being overprotective."