The Scientist (2x08)

"Mom?" Thea asked sounding scared, apprehensive, and confused, "What is he talking about?"

"Honey I never wanted for you to find out like this," Moira tried, "he was a-"

"I- I don't even know what I'm hearing." Thea whispered standing up and placing her hands on her head pacing in her attempt to process. "Your telling me that the mass murderer Malcolm Merlyn is-"

A loud shout entered the hall which was deep and clearly male and not one of pain or fear but anger. A man with brown hair fell into the middle of the room from about 6 feet landing with a thud.

"Here" Felicity finished with a sigh clearly done with the world.

-

(Skipping conversation because it's not about them)

-

5 YEARS AGO

"And more flashbacks." Thea sighed.

"Why don't you like them" Roy asked.

"It's not that I don't like them I just want to know more about what's happening in the present." Thea informed her boyfriend.

The four castaways trudged through the forest, moving towards the coordinates on the Hozen. Shado took point, Sara brought up the rear, and Oliver helped the injured Slade move down the steep incline they were on.

"We need to change directions." Slade said with a groan.

"We need to rest." Oliver countered.

"If Ivo and any of his men survived that blast, they'll be tracking us. We keep moving." Slade said determinedly. Then he stepped over a tree branch and dropped several inches. The impact, slight as it was, hurt him tremendously. "Five minutes." He gasped reluctantly.

"I don't know why," Felicity admitted, "but I did find that funny."

Oliver helped him sit on a rotted stump. "You watch him, please." He asked of Sara.

"Of course." She said.

"Looks like the Stockholm syndrome is fading." Quentin sighed in relief.

Oliver walked over to Shado. "Do you believe them?" she asked of him.

"That this Hosen will lead us to a wrecked Japanese sub?"

"Ivo seems to think so." Oliver pointed out. "I just hope whatever miracle serum they're after is actually onboard." He looked back at Slade. "For his sake."

"He does seem kind." Moira smiled grateful for the fact that someone had been looking out for her son.

"How do you know that girl?" Shado finally asked him.

"Long story." Thea joked them glaring at Merlyn.

Oliver sighed. "Sara was on my father's boat with me."

Shado scoffed in realization. "What about the girl in the picture? Laurel?" she asked in disbelief. "The girl you told me you were in love with."

"You told her you were in love with me?" Laurel asked, happily but in a way you would remember something not how you would hope for something.

"I was." Oliver replied.